Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Oggs not playing anymore (Read 3586 times) previous topic - next topic

Oggs not playing anymore

Hey,

fb2k 0.6 beta 23 Ogg Vorbis encoded files won't play.  Searched forums here and google in general, didn't turn up much besides the ID3v2 tag stuff.

Details:

- Aware that the "no garbage in the beginning" restriction has been enabled
- Tag reports that there's no ID3v2 tags in my files
- Works in fb2k 0.586, Winamp 2.86, Ogg DS filters, Nero input plugin, more.
- Have had this problem randomly with various versions of the Ogg input on Winamp (didn't keep track though  )
- Ripper: CDex, 1.50 beta 10
- Encoder: included, libVorbis I 20020717

Thanks for your consideration.  I'm willing to accept that all my ogg files are junkers, but I certainly hope not...

edit - fixed a typo and stuff
DM

I actually like Nero, and if you get the inside joke I give you props.

Oggs not playing anymore

Reply #1
Hi, you could try beta 24, but can you upload a file somewhere so someone can check it?

All my oggs play fine, maybe cdex has done something horrible, i know by default eac will put id3 tags in your files.

Oggs not playing anymore

Reply #2
Well, I'll be.  It works in beta 24. (Just for the record, it wasn't out at the time of writing. )

I did get some strange behavior though:

1.) Fresh b24 - worked
2.) Copied "extras" over - didn't work.
3.) Toasted config files, and removed extras one by one.. never worked again.
4.) Totally fresh install (or should I say "unarchive") - worked.
5.) Copied extras over - worked.  Still working.

Weird or what?

Anyway, glad it's not my oggs. 

musicmusic, thanks!

I know it's OT, but I sure am glad fb2k is out.  At the rate Winamp is going, version 4 is going to be an operating system.
DM

I actually like Nero, and if you get the inside joke I give you props.

Oggs not playing anymore

Reply #3
I'm getting the same errors as well even with version .6  I encoded the files myself using EAC & oggenc.  Im not sure what is happening

Oggs not playing anymore

Reply #4
I'm getting the same errors as well even with version .6  I encoded the files myself using EAC & oggenc.  Im not sure what is happening

They probably contain id3v2 tags. Use Tag ( http://www.ca5e.tk ) with option --remove id3v2 to kill them. Otherwise they may contain some other garbage, you'd have to upload a file somewhere.

Oggs not playing anymore

Reply #5
Thanks...worked like a charm

Oggs not playing anymore

Reply #6
Thanks...worked like a charm

You may want to turn the option in EAC off (compression>id3 tag) for future ogg rips (use the profiles) and pass the tag parameters to oggenc.exe. Actually I'm not sure if oggenc supports it, but I'm guessing it does.