Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_queuecontents - View and edit queue (Read 166029 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_queuecontents - View and edit queue

Reply #175
New version released with additional formatting strings and some bug fixes.

As usual, the update is available through the auto-update system.

0.4.4. / 2011-08-09
* Bug fixes:
** Fields available in formatting strings (added by this component) are now case-insensitive as they should be, e.g. %QUEUE_INDEX% is same as %queue_index%.
* Improvements:
** Additional fields available in formatting strings: %playlist_name% (name of the queued playlist corresponding to queued item), %list_index% (index of the queued item in the queued playlist), %list_total% (total number of items in the queued playlist).
** Queue playlist functionality no longer identifies the queue playlist by name. This makes it safe to have other playlists with the same name as the queue playlist.

Reply #176
Thanks, it looks nice! 

Reply #177
I really like to use keybord shortcut. Now if i open the Queue Contens Editor can' t close it with Esc or Alt- F4 like it is normal in Windows. I use this frequently and it would be nice if this can be fixed.

Thanks Peter
Warning: fb2k is addictive.

Reply #178
Works like charm, thanks!    How about adding long forgotten option from queue manager, stop after queue ? Sometimes funny glitch occurs, and columns index / title / artist swap, but i cant remember at what circumstances, and returns to normal with next song.

@zaede - whats wrong with shortcut ? In configuration - > keyboard shortcuts -> add -> add to playback queue (context/playing) works for me. Or perhaps You wanted key shortcut for popup window (like winamp had if i remember correctly), then i cant help.

Reply #180
Works like charm, thanks!    How about adding long forgotten option from queue manager, stop after queue ? Sometimes funny glitch occurs, and columns index / title / artist swap, but i cant remember at what circumstances, and returns to normal with next song.

@zaede - whats wrong with shortcut ? In configuration - > keyboard shortcuts -> add -> add to playback queue (context/playing) works for me. Or perhaps You wanted key shortcut for popup window (like winamp had if i remember correctly), then i cant help.

Nothing wrong with shortcut. To control foobar2000 I almost exclusively use the keyboard.
Now the problem, if I open the queue contents editor with "Strg-Q" I can`t close this window
with "Esc" and not even with Alt-F4". Any other window I can close with it. Like Plorg or Album List.
It`s standart in windows.

Now I hope you know what I mean.

Peter

Reply #181
@g-stankovic - thx - i'd never suspected that such old (2009) extension still works. What bothers me is that foobar plugins are scattered all over the web and takes lot of effort simply to search for them, someone should really group them in one place before it all turns into mess like miranda.

@zadede - yep i know what you mean, but i dont know any solution to this. Well, nothing really simple and sane. With insane solution you could get foo_run allowing to launch any program, and get some other software like "command line mouse click" and click into closing button ....but really...this seems way overhead  window should be made possible to be closed way you described, but hey, who am i to tell anybody to do it

Reply #182
What bothers me is that foobar plugins are scattered all over the web and takes lot of effort simply to search for them, someone should really group them in one place before it all turns into mess like miranda.

Every developer is free to add his components to the official components site.

Reply #183
And how many actually do that? How come, that even such popular components as ESplaylist & others are to be known only through browsing forum? Fine, some are in "experimental" versions, but amount of components needed to launch some skins, wsh ... maybe it's just me. But i find it confusing - some skins place themselves in skins, others in themes, components reside in components and user-components. I'm far from blaming anyone  quite opposite, i'm glad foobar society is so creative! Just a little disappointed that they make such chaos in that process  but anyway.
I'll quit this offtopic   
Last question though - You seem to know much more of foobar that I could easily find - is foo_audioscrobbler planned to have another update anytime? Not having a quick enable/disable scroobling is a serious drawback for me.

Reply #184
What bothers me is that foobar plugins are scattered all over the web and takes lot of effort simply to search for them, someone should really group them in one place before it all turns into mess like miranda.
Every developer is free to add his components to the official components site.
That’s a good point, and it’s obviously a good idea for the developer to maximise her/his potential audience. Another option would be for frequent users, with sufficient spare time, to keep an eye out for new components and update our Knowledgebase’s list of foobar2000 components accordingly. If I matched either criterion, I’d probably volunteer; but as it is, I’ll leave it open to someone else.

Reply #185
zaede: I will implement this once I get the time. Just to be sure, you are referring to the "pop-up" window, right?

Reply #186
zaede: I will implement this once I get the time. Just to be sure, you are referring to the "pop-up" window, right?

Yes the window you can open with View -> Queue Contents Editor.

Thank you, it would be really nice !

Peter

Reply #187
zaede: new version released with the feature

Reply #188
zaede: new version released with the feature

Now very nice to work with. Just to open for a short check.

Thanks a lot. 

Reply #190
Found a bug:

The content of the fields switched: the column Source displays duration, column Duration displays title and so on. Unfortunately i can't tell how and when it happened or what i did when the bug occured. I just noticed it!

Edit
It seems that adding a track to queue and removing it from source  playlist is the reason when at same time a column with new fields (%playlist_name%, %list_index%, ...) is used in queue contents editor.

Reply #191
I am making good use of the Queue Contents Editor.  If it wasn't for this component, I honestly don't think I could use Foobar at all.  By the way, foo_stop_after_queue is pretty much essential too and works hand-in-hand with Queue Contents Editor. 

One small annoyance is drag and drop from playlist/panel into QCE (I am using Facets).  I noticed that you have to click once to highlight/select a track and then click again to drag the track into QCE.  If you just click once and try to drag the track, the track won't drag.  Similarly, I've had a few selection issue like this within the QCE itself when trying to drag and drop to alter a track's play order. 

Apart from these annoyances, thanks again!

Zarty

Reply #192
Zarty: thank you, it's always nice to hear positive comments!

The drag & drop behavior you described is in fact by design. I understand the behavior is non-windows-like but it is mimicking the behavior of foobar playlist. I think it is nice for the user that all UI components in foobar work the same.

q-stankovic: I could not reproduce the issue. Can you reproduce the issue every time?

What I did was:
1. Set up queue contents ui element using %playlist_name% tag
2. Add tracks to queue
3. Remove tracks from source playlist by delete

What happened is that %playlist_name% column turned into "?" with the deleted track (as expected).

Reply #193
After your step 3 continue step 4: reorder the qce columns by dragging around - at some point the content switches. Doing step 4 so far the bug appeared always for me. But i can't remember at all if i have reordered the columns before it happened the very first time for me.

I removed the tracks by context menu -> remove, if that matters.

@zarty
what annoys you is in fact a cool feature: you just have to click on any item holding down the ctrl-key and can easily make a multiple selection.

Reply #194
@zarty
what annoys you is in fact a cool feature: you just have to click on any item holding down the ctrl-key and can easily make a multiple selection.

Hmmm... Maybe I have not explained the behaviour correctly. Or maybe I'm missing something (again!).  In standard Windows, if you left-click once, you select the item.  However, as part of the same operation, you can drag the object somewhere else without having to click again.  In Foobar, you can left-click once to select, which is fine but to drag you have to left-click again.  Holding down the Ctrl-key for multiple selects (not necessarily in a contiguous block) is also a standard Windows feature.  So, I'm still not clear what the two left-clicks give me as payback in Foobar?  It's an extra operation, which is only an annoyance if it doesn't give me back something in return. Always willing to be educated!

Zarty

Reply #195
In standard Windows, if you left-click once, you select the item.  However, as part of the same operation, you can drag the object somewhere else without having to click again.
Yes, but you can't select multiple items without drawing a rectangle with the mouse beginning from outside or holding down ctrl. In foobar you just click a track and go down/up with the mouse to select multiple tracks. I wrote nonsense in my previous post: you don't have to hold the ctrl-key!

In standard Windows, if you left-click once, you select the item.  However, as part of the same operation, you can drag the object somewhere else without having to click again.
That's the price!

Holding down the Ctrl-key for multiple selects (not necessarily in a contiguous block) is also a standard Windows feature. So, I'm still not clear what the two left-clicks give me as payback in Foobar?
Selecting 15 items would mean 15 clicks. That are 14 clicks more than how it is - you are talking just about one click more!

Reply #196
q-stankovic: I can reproduce the issue now, thanks! I will look into it.

Zarty: I do agree with you that it's odd to have different selection/drag&drop scheme in foobar when compared to other "native" applications on windows. But it's not my place to side step from this practice. I think it's important that all foobar components follow the same "standard" that is implicitly set by the default user interface.

Reply #197
@zarty
what annoys you is in fact a cool feature: you just have to click on any item holding down ctrl-key and can easily make a multiple selection.

I think I now understand this.  For selections in Foobar, if you are selecting a contigious block of items, you can simple click on an item while holding down the shift-key and cursor up or down.  Yes, it's cool.  More key-strokes are required to do this in Windows.  However, I think it's the same in Foobar and Windows for non-contigious selections using the ctry-key.    In Foobar2000, having made the selections, another benefit is that the drag and drops that follow on can be done simply by clicking on any of the selected items and dragging them.  It's more tricky in Windows as the selection can easily be de-selected in the attempt to drag it.  However, if you're aim is just to drag and drop a single item in Foobar, it can initially seem a little odd that you have to click again to drag it but this is consistant with the multi-select behavior.  Overall, I can see the benefit.  It's not an annoyance any more. :-)

Zarty

Reply #198
hi
it's very useful component
I've notice then items are add to queue by drag & drop  SimPlaylist and SimPlaylist Manager are not updated unlike using Ctrl+Q
thanks

Reply #199
lucido: Yes, how the SimPlaylistManager is related to this?

Could you please describe the problem in more detail. I could not reproduce the issue.

Also, please check that you are using the latest version of the Sim* components.

Thanks!

EDIT: Removed the reference to SimPlaylist Manager bug, it should be fixed already.