Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: fingerprinting and practical uses? (Read 1784 times) previous topic - next topic

fingerprinting and practical uses?

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has a lead on practical fingerprinting technology that can be used with foobar to create 'similar' playlists or find similarities between library items?

I've used MusicIP in the past, which was quite good, but very slow scanning and not open source  (and seems to be dying on the vine.)

Musicbrainz PUID/acoustid seems promising, but there doesn't seem to be any practical applications to compare/find similar items.

Any promising directions? anyone currently using anything to do this?

thanks much!

Reply #1
Yes, i am using Acoustid with Facet to identify Doubles in my Database.
I am also use it in Text display for a Quick link to open the Acoustid page if my Doubles have different Artist/Title for crosschecking and corecting the AcoustId Database if needed.
Code for Textdisplay
Code: [Select]
[AcousticID:
$crlf()
$if(%ACOUSTID ID%,$doclink(Open AcousticID page,'http://acoustid.org/track/'%ACOUSTID ID%))
$crlf()
$if(%ACOUSTID_ID%,$doclink(Open AcousticID page,'http://acoustid.org/track/'%ACOUSTID_ID%))
]

%ACOUSTID ID% is for Mp3
%ACOUSTID_ID% is for FLAC
i don't know why they are different, it is a litle bit anoying, but i can live with that.
(Tags are created by Musicbrainz Picard or Jaikoz)

Reply #2
Yes, i am using Acoustid with Facet to identify Doubles in my Database.

It seems like it is only useful for finding duplicates in collections. I'm wondering if there is any utility for finding similar sounding items from fingerprints?