Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: wavpack.exe VBR Settings (Read 6274 times) previous topic - next topic

wavpack.exe VBR Settings

Hello))
I want to ask a question about the settings wavpack.exe
Why can raise only a nominal bitrate mode hybrid, why is not quality mode?

I need to encode the set of wav files with different bit depth and sampling rate. I need to set settings for each sample?

Thank you
MPC --quality 10 --tmn 20 --nmt 20 - %d || WV -miqhnb5x3 - %d

wavpack.exe VBR Settings

Reply #1
You can still use BPS instead of bitrate:  -b  2.0 to 23.9 bits/sample . The bitrate will then adjust automatically and even work for mono. It wont measure the audibility of noise though as VBR isn't yet implemented . For 44.1khz of more i think you can use the same BPS rate for cd audio. For low rez, you have to be more conservative as there is less masking .

Example :

-b4x = 350k for 44.1khz 16bit or 760k for 96khz 24bit

wavpack.exe VBR Settings

Reply #2
Thank shadowking, you helped me a lot)))

wavpack.exe VBR Settings

Reply #3
-miqhhb4.5j1 --use-dns
This parameters gives me normal quality?

wavpack.exe VBR Settings

Reply #4
-miqhhb4.5j1 --use-dns

It will give high transparent quality for almost any situation. You can drop -j1 as it is already default. It may be good idea to include at least -x(1) for high-rez audio. For something much lighter to decode or transcode consider the normal or fast mode in conjunction with -x :

-b384hh >> -b415fx3

wavpack.exe VBR Settings

Reply #5
-miqhhb4.5j1 --use-dns

I would agree with shadowking that -hh is probably overkill at that bitrate, and is slower to decode. I would drop it to -h and add at least -x. I generally recommend the highest -x argument that you are willing to wait for (up to -x6) because it does not affect decode speed.

Note that --use-dns is also enabled by default at normal sampling rates (under 64 KHz). At high sampling rates the default is for the noise to be shaped up into inaudible frequencies (-s1) which I think is better than the dynamic shaping (which tries to put the noise under the music).

David