Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not my release] Biography view (Read 492459 times) previous topic - next topic

[Not my release] Biography view

Reply #150
Add an advice:
Thought there is a "bio" field, if biography can't search the value from last.fm, why not change to get it from "bio", after all, it's easy to add or edit the value of "bio".

Reply #152
What's the changelog ?

Reply #154
Feature Request: links to Artist, Album and Track pages on the Last.fm site.
it doesn't need to be anything fancy, maybe a new context-menu option for the biography panel...

thanks

Reply #155
First of all, very nice plugin!

I like to use the auto download function of the album art. But i like to view the discography even more... Now if i select on of both, only that one gets downloaded (so bibliography or album). Can you let it download both, allways?

Just an idea, thank you!

Reply #156
@Light : I have already asked the same thing in page 6 :

AFAIK with current version, when we are in the "Artist" mode only biographies and artist pictures are queried automatically. For albums we need to right click > Album in order to perform the query.

I would like album pictures to be also queried automatically (with no user interaction even if we are in the "Artist" mode), so all relevant pictures can be cached and viewed later offline if we wish to.

No answer yet, but let's hope we can get an answer soon in order to know if this feature will be implemented or not...

Reply #157
My bad

Please, please, please, developer?

Reply #158
Biography text is resetted on track change regardless if it's same artist/album. Can this be changed?
i.e. I'm browsing/reading some artist text (larger then panel), and on track change text is resetted and I'm back at the top of text

Another thing, "use mbid instead of artist field" is resetted on foobar restart, so you have to manually tick on that option every time you start foobar if you want to use [%MUSICBRAINZ_ARTISTID%]

[Biography View 0.3.2.1]

Reply #159
Most of the time I use the cache function for artist images to save time.

But sometimes I want to redownload the images for just a particular artist. So I hope there will be a right click option for Redownload images.
Thanks in advanced

Reply #160
Thanks ssenna

[Biography View 0.3.2.2]

Reply #161
Feature request: Option to disable ClearType. I'm using Windows XP without ClearType font rendering, and it's ugly if Biography View forces smoothed fonts while the rest of foobar2000's interface doesn't.

Reply #162
Hi,
I have a little problem witht the latest version.
The album images are not cached anymore.
here is my album cache path for albums
D:\Martin\My Documents\My music\LastFmData\%artist%_%album%

THanks

Reply #163
I loved this plugin when I used Columns UI, but is there any hope for a Default User-Interface version ? :3

Reply #165
I am not experiencing severe performance problems, but I agree with grimes concerning cover image flickering in NG playlist... ssenna, is there any way to fix this?

Reply #166
Feature request: Option to disable ClearType. I'm using Windows XP without ClearType font rendering, and it's ugly if Biography View forces smoothed fonts while the rest of foobar2000's interface doesn't.

I´m using it on vista and I would like to have it the other way round (some option to HAVE clear type anti-aliasing)

... because in vista fonts for this panel aren´t clear-typed and somehow jaggy.

BTW great component again, as all yours are, Ssenna!

Edit: Another thing that would be nice, is some scroll option like in lyrics panel: to click and drag the text! - this is so handy when using it with a touch screen system (which I do)

Reply #167
Severe performance problems

?Could you explain more detail.

strange bugs for example flickering artwork in NG Playlist (single track in group).

but I agree with grimes concerning cover image flickering in NG playlist...

It seems to be an issue of NGPlaylist rather than Biography View.
?What does "flickering" mean? (sorry, my English is too poor)
?if you are using "Provide artwork to other artwork viewers", please try disabling it.

Reply #168
foobar is not responding for several seconds during search for pictures and biographies in internet. Better performance with data already saved or in cache, so its only a problem with "new" artists. Maybe the internet connection?

Flickering means, that at start playing a track NGPlaylist tries to load several covers in a very short time (1-2s), don't know the reason, but problem is gone, after deinstalling biography view. I've installed foo_covers if that matters.

Never used "Provide artwork to other artwork viewers".

Reply #169
foobar is not responding for several seconds during search for pictures and biographies in internet. Better performance with data already saved or in cache, so its only a problem with "new" artists. Maybe the internet connection?

strange...
the internet connection is executed in background thread, so that biography view doesn't block the mainthread.
I'd like to know whether there is someone else experiencing this problem.

Flickering means, that at start playing a track NGPlaylist tries to load several covers in a very short time (1-2s),

metadb_io::dispatch_refresh(callded by Biography view) may trigger flickering.
It seems to be an issue of NGPlaylist.
I think Biography view can't do nothing to fix this issue, perhaps.

Reply #170
All is fine for me (no freeze, never)

for NG playlist, i don't know, i use ELPlaylist

Reply #171

Flickering means, that at start playing a track NGPlaylist tries to load several covers in a very short time (1-2s), don't know the reason, but problem is gone, after deinstalling biography view. I've installed foo_covers if that matters.

Never used "Provide artwork to other artwork viewers".

I use NGPlaylist and have the same problem, i removed biography view and still have the flickering. So im not sure if its the addon causing this problem?

Reply #172
I'd like to know whether there is someone else experiencing this problem.

I can confirm flickering in NG playlist, which I didn't know that is caused by Biography view, but disabling the component stops flickering. It's like 2-3 breaks in first 10 sec of playback.
But that only happens if there is one item per group (artwork). I noticed this NG playlist behaviour also without Biography view, with embedded covers and on updating played track (i.e. playback statistics) if that is of any importance.
here (last quote) musicmusic replies to one flickering problem

I would like to suggest something about image aspect ratio and Biaography view layout:
I think that XML response from last.fm doesn't include image dimension in pixels, but if the info is somehow available, could it be possible Biography view to display more images if they fit in defined layout according to their aspect ratio? Or generaly to display more than one image in one panel?
i.e. My image layout is in some dimension where is better to display 2-3 images then 1 tall image with lots of empty space

Reply #173
for me there´s some strange problem with this panel.

Very often the biography info is not updated after some time. If this happens, after one (or many) restarts of foobar there´s nothing displayed at all, or after some tracks the info is appearing after 2 minutes or later.

I´ve tried a lot with different cache settings, but nothing helped. Sometimes everything works like a charm with no problems. I couldn´t find, how to reproduce the problem accurately, the only thing I realized, it´s happening more often in the evening, maybe due to increased web traffic. On the other hand, it´s no problem then, to access the artist page at lastfm directly, which I think is the direct source for biography view.

I´d like to know, if other people have experienced something similar, and if not, what I can do in my settings to avoid this.

edit: for information - this happens also with different language settings... and on different systems (Vista 32bit, Vista 64bit, XP).

Reply #174
for me there´s some strange problem with this panel.

Very often the biography info is not updated after some time. If this happens, after one (or many) restarts of foobar there´s nothing displayed at all, or after some tracks the info is appearing after 2 minutes or later.

well...
Could you try ttp://foo2k.chottu.net/foo_uie_biography_debug.zip
This debug version will output the status to console.
(Please save Console Log using View->Console->Write Log,
and if the problem appears  please send the log file to me.)