Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Most Sought After Plugins (0.8.3) (Read 113702 times) previous topic - next topic

Most Sought After Plugins (0.8.3)

Most sought after plugins

Here is a small list I have put together of the most sought after plugins for foobar2000. In case you are looking for a certain feature, please check here first whether any of the plugins will provide this functionality before posting any requests.

DO NOT POST PLUGIN REQUESTS OR FEATURE REQUESTS IN THIS THREAD[/color]

Columns UI

foo_ui_columns is an alternative user interface for foobar2000 that features real columns support for the playlist window amongst a few other things.

official forum thread
project homepage

Database Search

The database search plugin (foo_dbsearch) offers extensive search capabilities for the database, playlists and a few more things. Queries and search patterns can be defined in a very flexible and powerful way.

official forum thread
project homepage

Extended Playlist Generator

The extended playlist generator (foo_playlistgen_ex) provides intelligent creation and updating of either one or several playlist at once.  It does so through a set of filters (queries) that can be defined by the user and stored as presets for later use.

official forum thread

History

The history (foo_history) offers access to a list of previously played files, either through a small gui or back and forward buttons (similar to the behaviour of back/forward buttons in web browsers).

official forum thread
project homepage

Looks (Skins)

foo_looks is a fully skinnable and scriptable addon interface for foobar2000.

official forum thread
project homepage

Play Counter

The play counter (foo_playcount) is a plugin that offers adding a playcount tag to either the database or the file itself. Everytime a certain file is played the play count will be increased by one for that specific file.

official forum thread

Shorten decoder

Decoder to play back .shn files as they are mainly used by live music (trading) communities (etree.org, the Live Music Archive at archive.org, etc.). Supports external tag writing that makes it possible to store all metadata in the form of external ape2 tags without changing the md5 hash of the actual audio files.

project homepage

Tradersfriend

foo_tradersfriend is a plugin that adds support for tagging live music sets by parsing text based setlists which are found on etree.org and the Live Music Archive at archive.org and which are generally used by the live music trading community. It will add an option to the list of available masstagger actions to import these files.

project homepage

Utilities

foo_utils adds several commands to the FB2K context menu, such as copy and paste, multi-level undo and more that can be quite useful for playlist manipulation

project homepage

Third party plugins page

In case you are looking for a specific plugin or function it might also be usefull to check the official 3rd party plugins site

Special installer

Note that a lot of useful plugins are already included in the special installer on the download page. As usual we recommend beeing economic with the plugins you run and only install what you actually need.

Please note that I have added these plugins based on the fact how much I think people look for these specific functions. Any plugins that are left out are not done so because I think they are less usefull or anything like it.  This list might get updated as time goes by.

Users are free to add posts with their favourite plugins on to this thread. Please only do so with a clear description of the plugin and links to the project homepages and forum threads.  This thread is not meant to discuss any plugins in any way but rather to give people an idea of what is out there.

Any posts that I consider offtopic or not useful will be removed. Please do not take any personal insult in this, as I simply do this to keep this thread nice and clean.

Reply #1
I'd consider foo_infobox as one of the most essential. It should have replaced the default info box by now.
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

Reply #2
Please only do so with a clear description of the plugin and links to the project homepages and forum threads.

Hmh, I thought I had made myself quite clear here

Reply #3
Loop isolated portions of a song at various tempos, etc.:

foo_repeat.  Want to listen to a hook fifty thousand times in a row until you vomit, then turn up the pitch and do it again (you know you want to)?  Or do something more useful, like try to learn a part of a song by slowing it down and having it loop at a certain point?  Well, then, here you go.  It ain't perfect, and it could be prettier, but it does what it's supposed to.  Don't forget to add it to the DSP chain, too, if you want to change the tempo and stuff.

No official page or thread to speak of, but you can grab it off foobar2000 3rd party plugins/general

Reply #4
Come on people. No one has any favourite plugins they want to add.

Ever wanted to share your favourite fb2k component with the rest of the world? Well here is your chance to do so

Thanks fo the input TheDanish. Informative post and a plugin that I certainly would not have remembered.

Reply #5
Come on people. No one has any favourite plugins they want to add.

No cos you already mentioned foo_ui_columns!! And you don't want hundreds of posts all saying the same thing

How's about having a poll on 'what's your favourite' plugin?

Oh I just thought, no one has mentioned :

Winamp visualisation support

foo_vis_bacon.  Which lets you run the Winamp visualisation Milkdrop (and others to a limited degree).

EDIT: formatting slightly edited by moderation to keep this thread as readable as possible. Thanks for your input

EDIT2: is foo_vis_bacon not foo_bacon....

Reply #6
Playlist Find (UNICODE)

Find the track you want in your playlist by typing the first letters of the title, artist, album or whichever criteria you choose. Something like the "J" shortcut in Winamp.

By Curi0us_George, then recompiled by Phi for 0.8 SDK.
official forum thread.

playlist hopper

Jump from the current album, artist or directory to the previous or following in the playlist. Shortcuts can be assigned. Really useful if you use a remote control for instance.

By paulski.
Direct download.

BTW, you can visit my website if you can read French: http://foobar2000.free.fr/

edit: changed the link for Playlist Find.

Reply #7
Media Sharing/Distributed Playlists
Share your music database with everyone else on the network and see/play their tunes too.
I like it, but being the author I'm biased

Homepage

Reply #8
Winamp API Emulator

Quote from site "This component emulates a Winamp 2.x window so existing plugins you have that use the Winamp API can continue to work with foobar2000 with minimal trouble" Very useful for IRC plugins etc that only work with winamp.

Home Page

Reply #9
Pause On Lock, foo_lock
Stops the music when your (WinNTx) desktop is locked, either manually or automatically (e.g., screensaver).

Qucik Tag, foo_quicktag
As the names says, provides the ability to quickly tag, using preconfigured values, via keyboard shortcuts or context menu.

Titlebar Display, foo_tbar
For those of use who run fb2k minimized, and are too lazy to hover over the system tray icon, this is the answer! It displays a (right-aligned) configurable string on the active window's title bar. Very cool.
[EDIT] typos
"There is no point in saving WAV... unless you have a huge HD in a very slow computer" - Jan S. (WAV or FLAC, Space No Problem)

Reply #11
foo_amipwrapper

Shows what your listening to in MSN Messangers "Now playing" thing.

Dont know the url... sorry you will have to google it.

Reply #12
Album List Panel (foo_uie_albumlist)
-Excellent component that enables a panel which I set to view by directory structure, which then enables explorer like browsing through the directories with a nice Database View playlist that displays the contents of the folder and subfolders... The perfect way to navigate through a... large playlist.

Reply #13
ID3v2 Tag Support
foo_id3v2 offers id3v2 tag writing support for foobar2000. It will add an extra id3v2 option to the tag writing preferences in the standard inputs preferences dialog.
project homepage

URL is misleading. (Nov 5th, 2005)
Try http://www.saunalahti.fi/cse/kode54/index.php
• Join our efforts to make Helix MP3 encoder great again
• Opus complexity & qAAC dependence on Apple is an aberration from Vorbis & Musepack breakthroughs
• Let's pray that D. Bryant improve WavPack hybrid, C. Helmrich update FSLAC, M. van Beurden teach FLAC to handle non-audio data

Reply #14
I would love to see foo_syfm for foobar 0.9.
It can switch between different formating strings!

Reply #15
ID3v2 Tag Support

foo_id3v2 offers id3v2 tag writing support for foobar2000. It will add an extra id3v2 option to the tag writing preferences in the standard inputs preferences dialog.

project homepage

a quick note, picmixer: that url is dead. (it leads to a commercial mp3 site.)