Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Request: Google Talk "Shows what music playing" (Read 42274 times) previous topic - next topic

Request: Google Talk "Shows what music playing"

Reply #25
MEK, worked like a charm, spasibo ^o^
Google Talk just needed to update, I was using one that didn't feature "File Sending" or anything, at that time.
It works with the new one, winamp.m3u and foo_winamp_spam beta.

Thanks again

Reply #26
I've created a foo_winamp_spam wiki page. For those who have got this working it would be appreciated if you could post instructions to the wiki.

Reply #27
The workarounds are no longer necessary, the new version of foo_winamp_spam  has full support for all required features. Just enable Winamp playlist writing in Preferences.

Reply #28
When I first ran it, my google talk locked up and I had to kill the process... but I restarted it and it has been working fine ever since. Thanks!

Reply #29
the chinese from my foobar shows up in gtalk as
???-?????

any idea?

Reply #30
How can you change the displayed text? Is that what "Winamp title bar string" does? I tried fiddling with it but got no results. Can someone share the syntax for it please?

(spam v0.96 on foob 0.9.5.2 to google talk beta)

Reply #31
this working with skype too or is this obsolete now

Reply #32
This is a great plugin!

I'm currently using it with ASUS HControl (notebook media hotkeys) which works great. 
Theres just one small detail that bugs me.

When the API receives the command "playpause" it only "pauses" and will not resume again from the same command.
I don't know if this is a difference to Winamp but unfortunately I don't know any way to reprogram HControl for my notebook, its a really dumb program without any configuration menu.

Is it possible in any future updates to switch "pause" into "playpause"? Or add an option in the settings to enable this?

Regards

Reply #33
hi,
i was wondering if i can get songinfo from foobar on my logitech mx5000 keyboards display with foo_winamp_spam.dll plugin. @first it wosnt working but then i realized that when i start foobar and winamp its working perfectly.
Does anybody know what to do about this?

thx in advance