Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: No Transfer of all Data/Tags during Conversion Process (Read 6247 times) previous topic - next topic

No Transfer of all Data/Tags during Conversion Process

When using Foobar2000 and converting a music file into a different music playing format during the transfer/conversion process how do I get Foobar2000 to move the Artist Name, Album Name and the Title Name all together automatically into the newly converted music file?  NOTE: It only moves the “Album Name” including the converted music file and nothing else.  And if Foobar2000 does not do this ....is there entirely different software that easily do this for me using FLAC files?

Re: No Transfer of all Data/Tags during Conversion Process

Reply #1
foobar2000 can transfer tags from FLAC files.  Do you have "Transfer metadata (tags)" disabled in Converter Setup > Other?

Re: No Transfer of all Data/Tags during Conversion Process

Reply #2
foobar2000 can transfer tags from FLAC files.  Do you have "Transfer metadata (tags)" disabled in Converter Setup > Other?

Yes, I already have the Transfer metadata (tags) already enabled in Converter Setup area.  I guess I spoke a little to quickly before entirely checking everything.  Everything is working or was already transferred (meta tags/etc.) using FooBar2000 without me first realizing it.

Before posting here at this forum yesterday.  After converting music files using FooBar2000 I simply “viewed” the newly converted music file in Windows 10 Viewing Browser - all it showed was the “Title” of the song and not the Artist or Album name or other info.  But when I opened it in FooBar2000 – I did notice that everything (including meta tags/etc.) were transferred successfully.

So everything at the moments appears fine when using FooBar2000.

But is it possible to view all meta tag info in Windows 10 “File Browser” when not using FooBar2000 software; just curious?  NOTE: As long as FooBar2000 transferred ALL information (meta tags/etc.) I am VERY satisfied with that; that’s most important to me.

And thanks everyone for ALL of your kind assistance and recommendations.