Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What lossy format should I convert my .FLAC into? (Read 7155 times) previous topic - next topic

What lossy format should I convert my .FLAC into?

Reply #25
There seems to be a tendency that new car stereos have an AUX input nowadays. Great thing for plugging in your favorite music player for the purpose (which probably is your smartphone one of these days).

Mine does have an aux port, and I used it with my Samsung P3 for quite awhile. But, I got tired of wanting to listen to some tunes only to realize I left the player in the truck, or going somewhere in my wife's car and not having my player because, again, I left it in my truck.. The stereo has a usb port which I had been using to charge the player, and it at least supported mp3, so I decided to just buy a 16GB thumb drive, load it up, and use that in the truck.. It doesn't store as much as my 16GB Samsung P3 because the car stereo is limited to mp3 and the P3 is loaded with many more Vorbis files at much lower bitrates than I can tolerate with mp3.

Reply #26
That's why having your music collection on your mobile phone is a convenient thing. You always have it with you.
lame3995o -Q1.7 --lowpass 17

Reply #27
agreed, but my wife gets the fancy android phone.. I have a 2004 reject phone..

Reply #28
Life is really getting harder these days for men.
lame3995o -Q1.7 --lowpass 17