Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
So this is the current list (?)
- Registry missing 'HKCU\\Control Panel\\Desktop\\WindowMetrics\\AppliedDPI' entry: set DPI to 96 by default when its not found or recreate reg. entry.
- Clipboard not working: Install IE8 with Winetricks. https://wiki.winehq.org/Winetricks
- HTML Popup not working: Install IE8 with Winetricks. https://wiki.winehq.org/Winetricks
- Bio image download (and possibly other vbs scripts): Install 'wsh57' and 'mdac28' with Winetricks. sh winetricks wsh57 mdac28
- HTML activeX error: Install Gecko package. https://wiki.winehq.org/Gecko
- Fonts are not being found (native ones): Install 'gdiplus' with Winetricks. sh winetricks gdiplus
sh winetricks wsh57 mdac28
and that's it. All other scripting objects seem to be native when using WINE 6.22. xmlhttp, fso etc all work without those packages but they are definitely needed to for executing the external vbscript that downloads from last.fm.
I've only tested my own scripts and there doesn't seem to be any way to get recycling files working so I just catch errors and report a console message.
Clipboard access can be made to work by installing ie8 via winetricks and of course ie8 is required if you want WilB's fancy html settings dialogs.
BTW, that script checking for Segoe UI won't find it. Pretty sure it's copyrighted and can't be legally distributed. Of course there's nothing stopping you copying it from a windows machine but it's not a good step for instructing others.
sorry but a lot of things has changed since that post it was written.
You can view it here: https://github.com/TT-ReBORN/Georgia-ReBORN/commits/master
If you click on a commit, you will see what has changed and which files ( if you click on the Showing * changed files )
I've also added playlist row hover effect plus added Option to enable/disable the playlist/library row mouse hover,
added mouse wheel scroll for manually cycling through artworks, more support for booklet artwork, auto-playlists, other options,
fixed some bugs and updated foo_ui_columns to 1.7.0 and updated config files. The radio lyric support can be found in "Commits on Nov 11, 2021".
This means, it's much faster to make a new portable install and just download the latest up to date version,
instead of adding the changes to your modified files. Copy and note all your changes somewhere and just copy it to the new files, it's much faster that way...
As I have already written, when the first public release will be published, you can then just wait for the next version when it will be released,
instead of always looking for every commit I'm pushing on Github...
So does this happen only for that album you're playing?
Check your PM.
just pushed a new commit to support lyrics when streaming, I think you might be interested.
Should work out of the box without changing anything in Lyric Show 3 preferences. Thanks goes to @zeremy for showing me
a better workaround as I previously had :-). Get it here.
Great, thanks. Do I have to replace whole Profile folder, or can i just replace what has been changed??
Btw, I don't know if you changed your Lyric Show 3 preferences, but it works best if option "Search for this type of lyric" is set to Prefer synced.
This is by default if you didn't change anything.
Mmmm.. thing is, I'm not sure which bits have changed?!
In my latest installation (1.6.eight) this "filter search" toolbar is nowhere to be found. I've tried all sorts of alternatives, but they don't do what I want.
- Facets does it, but it doesn't work in Columns UI
- The Quicksearch component sends the search directly to the playlist, it doesn't affect the filter panels.
- Right clicking on a panel in live editing mode can add a search field for one filter panel, but searching with it doesn't affect any of the other filter panels
Does anyone have a tip?
Are you looking for anything in particular?
not really, just the kind of problems i mentioned in the first post
If you run a fuzz-tester (for example American Fuzzy Lop or AFL) on a decoder, you can easily get loads of broken files which are broken in interesting ways, but the tool doesn't tell you which way they are broken.
i'd need to know what's broken so i can test for the particular problem, however a fuzz tester may come in handy also - thanks for mentioning