Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LUFS Meter, an EBU R128 compliant loudness meter (Read 10118 times) previous topic - next topic

LUFS Meter, an EBU R128 compliant loudness meter

I just released an early version of my EBU R128 compliant loudness meter DAW plugin called LUFS Meter.

At the moment it is only available as VST and AU plugin for Mac (32 and 64 bit).
It is in a very early stage of development (0.1.0 alpha), so be prepared that things might not work as expected.
Since I'm using the cross-platform development environment JUCE, I hope to be able to release Windows and Linux binaries soon.
I also intend to release a command line version in the future.

License: GPLv2
Even thought it is open source, when it reaches 1.0 state, a nag screen will ask for a humble one time donation.

http://www.klangfreund.com/lufsmeter
https://github.com/klangfreund/LUFSMeter

Best regards,
Samuel

Reply #1
The LUFS Meter is now also available as VST plugin for Windows, 32 and 64 bit.

On my system (MacBookPro 2.2GHz i7), it is quite ressource friendly (~1.5 % CPU usage).

Reply #2
I can't get it to work on Windows, both versions 0.1.0 and 0.2.0 fail to load in every app I've tried while the Audiocation plugin is working fine.
Any clue ?

Reply #3
Version 0.2.0, both 32 and 64 bit, work here. Tested on Psycle host.

(Edit: Just a note on Psycle, it's needed to modify the channel mapping in the wire dialog and select only pins 0 and 1, for a stereo signal. Else the readings will be wrong).

Reply #4
Thanks for the answer, it was a problem on my side, sorry for the inconvenience.