Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: The Effects of MP3 Compression on Perceived Emotional Characteristics in Musica (Read 11523 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Effects of MP3 Compression on Perceived Emotional Characteristics in Musica

Reply #25
This is actually great news.  Does this mean that i can compress Metallica's St. Anger down to 32k and re-sell it as St. Angrier?  The snares will sound awesome!
Music lover and recovering high end audiophile

Re: The Effects of MP3 Compression on Perceived Emotional Characteristics in Musica

Reply #26
Everyone is posting and commenting that study lately. I am not sure if that is true, I just cannot believe it can affect the file that much. I've recently started to backup files on <MODERATION: removed>, but because of the low storage space, I had to find a way to reduce the files and ran across this: <MODERATION: removed>,  and I am not sure about mp3 compression, not because there is a chance those can make me depressed or something, which I clearly doubt, but because of the sound quality. But since I need to save on space, I don't see any other option.

MODERATION:
I was going to bin this post because it's actually off-topic and name-dropping commercial software/services for a first-time post is suspicious, especially when not related to the subject. If you are here with the legitimate intention of conversing with the community, it is better to ask questions in order to learn rather than simply say you don't know and open the door to a tangential discussion (which many members will gladly take because they don't respect TOS5, you know who you are); even worse when resurrecting a dead discussion (again, raising questions about the true intention behind the post).  I hope you understand.

Reply #27
Ah yes, the classic "I'm not here to sell snake oil, I'm just only want to open an honest one-sided debate about how my snake oil can work" posts around these parts, except now in the form of a academic paper.