Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Reliable source for Hi-Res album art (Read 42686 times) previous topic - next topic

Reliable source for Hi-Res album art

Does anyone happen to know of a reliable source for Hi-Res [500x500+] album art?  I've had hit and miss luck with tools that use amazon and google.  Anything else to try?

Reply #1
Yes this would be useful. Occasionally I find there's no better source for high resolution art with some albums than the website of the artist that designed the cover. For example the site of Peter Saville.
Acid8000 aka. PhilDEE

Reply #2
Does anyone happen to know of a reliable source for Hi-Res [500x500+] album art?  I've had hit and miss luck with tools that use amazon and google.  Anything else to try?

Try Walmart.  They do 500x500 images.

Reply #3

Amazon has the largest consistent album art size, in my experience. In addition to the official store album art, the site allows users to upload their own, resulting in a few hi res specimens. Lossless album archives on P2P networks usually include scans. And there's also Google's image search.
EAC>1)fb2k>LAME3.99 -V 0 --vbr-new>WMP12 2)MAC-Extra High

Reply #4
iTunes (if you've got an iTunes account) has ~600 x 600 album art which is usually of excellent quality. Every now and again they've got some crappy ones. In that case, I check out Amazon.com and Google's image search.

Reply #5
iTunes (if you've got an iTunes account) has ~600 x 600 album art which is usually of excellent quality. Every now and again they've got some crappy ones. In that case, I check out Amazon.com and Google's image search.

Has anyone looked into integrating the itunes albumart functionality into a tool external to itunes?  Would this even be possible?

Reply #6
Has anyone looked into integrating the itunes albumart functionality into a tool external to itunes?  Would this even be possible?

The GodFather seems to fit the bill, for the most part...
EAC>1)fb2k>LAME3.99 -V 0 --vbr-new>WMP12 2)MAC-Extra High

Reply #7
Although the quality varies, there's lots of cover art at www.discogs.com .

Reply #8

The GodFather seems to fit the bill, for the most part...

i love the godfather. however, i think it only pulls from amazon, not itunes or walmart or anywhere else.

if anybody uses foobar i think the discogs plugin currently in development is very promising.
discussion of foo-discogs

Reply #9
i found a pretty good place-
here

it may not have much, but the resolution is absolutely great. (some are over 1500*1500!)

EDIT-  Here's an example  <good call d0ng  >

Reply #10
I don't think its necessary to post up album art that is 1500x1500.  A link is all you need.

Reply #11
I'm seriously thinking about scanning my album covers in  Might take a while tho.....

Reply #13
I believe that Album Art Downloader has been mentioned in various places here before.  It searches most sources for album art and displays them all, allowing you to sort by size and more.  Generally, it works well for me.

Another place that has good 500x500 is buy.com.  You have to mess with the site a little bit to be able to save the larger art though.  Example.  On this page you would click enlarge image, but when you try to right click on the image to save, it shrinks back down.  To save it, right click on the enlarge image link, select Copy Link Location, then paste it into your address bar.

The link looks like this when pasted
Code: [Select]
java script:largeIM2('http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/large_images/387/60613387.jpg');hide('ppForm')

Then just simply cut all of the javascript off, leaving only the link
Code: [Select]
http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/large_images/387/60613387.jpg

and there's your 500x500 album art.  I find that buy.com seems to be a little higher quality than amazon.

Reply #14
bumpity-bump

Anyone know how to grab Amazon.co.jp's ~1600x1600 album art for select music?
e.g., http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B002YLVAWU/

Grabbing the album art through the "normal" Amazon URL only yields the ~500x500 jpg.