Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: dBpoweramp “Interpolate Unrecoverable Errors” option - Questions... (Read 1562 times) previous topic - next topic

dBpoweramp “Interpolate Unrecoverable Errors” option - Questions...

Hi there

I'm using DBPA to rip CDs.  I have the Interpolate Unrecoverable Errors option off, because I was told that it is best to let the drives manage interpolation; not the software. But I have also read that when the drive Interpolates it uses silence where there are errors. I've been doing a lot of ripping, and when there are errors I have a listen back to the track in question. I do sometimes hear clicks and pops. Should I be hearing them if silence is used? Or have I misunderstood?

Also, how can I be sure that the drives are interpolating? Do they do this automatically or is do I need to do something?

The drives I have are:

- Plextor PX-716AL
- Pioneer DVR-215

Any help most appreciated. Many thanks.

Max

Re: dBpoweramp “Interpolate Unrecoverable Errors” option - Questions...

Reply #1
>Should I be hearing them if silence is used?

Depends on the type of error, if there is a large area of damage then pops and clicks will occur.

Interpolation really only applies to a handful of samples which need silencing.