Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC extract to BOTH .flac & .alac (Read 2127 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC extract to BOTH .flac & .alac

Is there a way for EAC to extract & convert audio to both formats at the same time?

Some clever batch wrapper that can be used in the external compressor field?

Thanks

sebus

Re: EAC extract to BOTH .flac & .alac

Reply #1
Maybe you could add a batch inbetween the compressor and EAC an use it to link via %1 %2 etc.

If it is an option you could use foobar2000 to duplicate the folder to flac or alac after it has been made.

Reply #2
REACT http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=REACT may will help you. The downside of it it works only with older EAC versions. I'm still using REACT and EAC 0.99pb5 since years and it "works for me".

.halverhahn

Reply #3
Maybe you could add a batch inbetween the compressor and EAC

That is what I am hoping that somebody might have done. My needs are really not extensive. REACT as it is (with downgrade required) is just too much hustle

In fact it is easier to just use MediaHuman Audio Converter as recommended in this thread
It uses ffmpeg for alac creation, any better/worse than qaac?

sebus

Reply #4
Or use TAC for conversion using qaac

EDIT
Seems that it still uses ffmpeg for alac!