Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Replaygain for multiple CDs (Read 2520 times) previous topic - next topic

Replaygain for multiple CDs

Hi all! I've been encoding all my music with mpc and right now, I have to replaygain all the CDs. I use EAC for ripping and MPC batch encoder for replaygain them but it's really slow cos I've to go directory by directory. I was wondering if exists a program to replaygain each directory individualy as a batch or something like that...

Thanx

Reply #1
You could use case sweep tool together with replaygain.exe. If your files are tagged you can use foobar and "scan by album-tag".

How to use sweep with replaygain look at the last replies... there are instructions.

Reply #2
If you really use MPC-Batch-Encoder of the latest version, then you should have seen that there´s an option named "Include subdirectories". If you check this option and put all album-directories in one main folder, the replaygaining will be done all in one step.
But be aware! The replaygain-function of the MPC-Batch-Encoder does not calculate the album-gain values properly, as it "sees" all albums, which have to be to gain, just as one single. To avoid this, you better use replaygain with sweep (as Jan S. already recommended). If you are no fan of commandline-tools you also can try with Madah´s Frontah or Max Bureck´s UniversalFront . With all three you will get lucky. "Sweep" has the advantage, that you see all the time, how far the gaining-process already is.
My used codecs and settings:
FLAC V1.1.2 -4 / APE V3.99 Update 4 -high / MPC V1.15v --q 5 / LAME V3.97b2 -V2 --vbr-new / OGG aoTuV V4.51 Lancer -q5

Reply #3
Thanx guys!! I didn't know anything about sweep but it's a really good program .

Byez.