Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 488366 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #1076
foobar 1.4.3 crashes on youtube videos.
Youtube Source 3.0 beta 7, Windows XP sp3
----
reported on fy.3dyd.com w/o foobar dump files
I think there is a regression relative to the 2.X versions. If you leave a youtube track paused and you try to play it again after some hours, cpu spikes and foobar2000 becomes barely recoverable . In past versions it would popup the console  with read error (as the steam becomes expired), and  you could resolve it easily by just replaying the track from the beginning.

I might post sth more specific whenever I am able to track it better.

Reply #1077
Does foobar2000 with foo_youtube suppose to lock installed LAV Filters dll when it already set as managed? I notice when I have LAV installed, I would like to update it and same time foobar2000 was running, it forced me to close foobar2000. I did this because I wanted to copy LAV from Program Files to managed folder.

edit: Okay, I didn't see on status, it show system, alt. So does it prefer LAV on system by default?

Reply #1078
@ApacheReal
Should be fixed in beta8.

Audio Playback quality rule test show something like image on attachment, seems happened on local files
Fixed in beta8. Now it falls back to file name if title is unknown. Note though that now it does not analyze local files when starting video playback (what I suppose was the use case from your screenshot), so there likely will be no items at all.

foobar 1.4.3 crashes on youtube videos.
Youtube Source 3.0 beta 7, Windows XP sp3
----
reported on fy.3dyd.com w/o foobar dump files
I was not able to reproduce the crash. It might be related to customized criteria, so it would be great if you could provide steps to reproduce or send crash dump.

I noticed that with the latest beta, support for /user/live links is broken.
Fixed in beta8.

I think there is a regression relative to the 2.X versions. If you leave a youtube track paused and you try to play it again after some hours, cpu spikes and foobar2000 becomes barely recoverable . In past versions it would popup the console  with read error (as the steam becomes expired), and  you could resolve it easily by just replaying the track from the beginning.
Hmm, are you talking about live streams? Because in case of regular videos 2.x was downloading them regardless of pause state, so there should have been no read error.

Does foobar2000 with foo_youtube suppose to lock installed LAV Filters dll when it already set as managed?
edit: Okay, I didn't see on status, it show system, alt. So does it prefer LAV on system by default?
It prefers newer version (or one from the system if they are equal). This behavior comes from times when there was _preconf package and does not seem to be a good approach nowadays. I'll change it in next update.

Reply #1079
Hmm, are you talking about live streams? Because in case of regular videos 2.x was downloading them regardless of pause state, so there should have been no read error.

No, I am talking normal youtube videos. (actually audios, I don't use the video features).
It doesn't happen always so whenever I am able to track it better I ll post more about it.

Reply #1080
force default settings on LAV Filters, the second one, I don't know whats the use, but its not toggleable

Reply #1081
Thanks for noticing. Fixed in beta9. First one controls whether to use default settings for filters installed in the system. The second one - for 'local' filters (External/Managed). It is preferable to have different default behavior in these two cases, thus there are two separate options.

Reply #1082
In the latest beta (beta 9), videos/tracks with the format code 251 can't be opened with foo_youtube/curl, and can only be used within youtube-dl. When playing videos with opus 160kbps audio, curl receives a 403 error (as it would with any web browser), but youtube-dl -f 251 works just fine.

Reply #1084
Update. It seems the crash only happens when "Probe each stream found during the analysis" is checked.

Reply #1085
@Slender
Reproduced, thanks to your update. It should be fixed in beta10. Note though, live streams probing with 'internal' ffmpeg currently takes eternity. This somehow does not happen when using 'external' ffmpeg.

@throwaway
Are you talking about external libcurl selected in 'third-party binaries' group? Or component just gives you #403, whereas when using youtube-dl directly you are able to get the file? Does this happen for all URLs or only specific ones?

Reply #1086
@throwaway
Are you talking about external libcurl selected in 'third-party binaries' group? Or component just gives you #403, whereas when using youtube-dl directly you are able to get the file? Does this happen for all URLs or only specific ones?
Yeah, I'm using external libcurl. The error 403 appears in the console logs, and is linked to curl. It only happens with videos containing opus 160k, and when it happens, the video/track is skipped altogether. For now I'm just filtering out the quality using the overrides, and it works fine. With youtube-dl -f 251 video-url, there's no errors and it successfully downloads the opus file.

Reply #1087
I was using the Zeranoe ffmpeg builds without having ittermitent stucks, but with fo_youtube beta10 they appeared again. A few minutes ago I updated to Zeranoe's latest build (April 16) and the problem was gone. Just posting it in case someone is facing the same problem, updating ffmpeg could fix the issue.

Reply #1088
@throwaway
Still cannot reproduce. Do you use libcurl from component Download page? Does it really selects external libcurl (after foobar2000 start Console window should have "libcurl (external): libcurl/7.54.0 OpenSSL/1.1.0e zlib/1.2.11" line). Does it always happen with all URLs containing itag 251 and only with them (e.g. what about other Opus itags 249, 250)? Do you use proxy or firewall?

Reply #1089
Updated libcurl to the latest version just in case it might help. Available on Download page.

Reply #1090
@3dyd
Nevermind, I tried it again with a more recent version of youtube-dl and it's fine now. Turns out it wasn't curl's fault

Reply #1091
Was the time a video was published removed intentionally? The component hasn't been showing times in 3.0 for a while now. Edit. Oh, it was. Should really learn to read.

Reply #1092
Hi there!
@3dyd,
In the Columns UI It seems that it is not possible to set the background color for the "Video" (if "fit to video" mode is on) and "Activity" elements in the "Custom" mode. However, for the "Search" element, the background color is set correctly. Сheck please.
Thank you!

Reply #1093
Thanks for noticing. Fixed Activity UIE and corrected available colors to customize (Activity and Analysis Cache actually use more colors than were enabled). Video window background is configured separately (Youtube Source -> Video -> Window), so appropriate colors were disabled in CUI preferences.

Reply #1094
Congratulations on placing the component on the official repository!
Great component, use it with pleasure.
Thank you and wish further development!

Reply #1095
3.0 also got context menu item 'Copy URL at current time'.
Hm... For some reason this item is not displayed. I've verified that it's present in component via Preferences>Keyboard Shortcuts, but even there it's displayed as Cannot copy: no supported tracks. The track in question was added via drag-n-drop'ing the YT url.

Reply #1096
Playlist context menu should have item "URL at current time" in "Youtube Source" -> "Copy" popup menu. Don't you have it? Item is always present but enabled only if selected track is currently playing.

"Cannot copy" in keyboard shortcuts is a bug and will be fixed in next version.

Reply #1098
Playlist context menu should have item "URL at current time" in "Youtube Source" -> "Copy" popup menu. Don't you have it? Item is always present but enabled only if selected track is currently playing.
Hm... It seems that it's displayed only when context menu is invoked with contextmenu_manager::init_context_playlist and it's not displayed when invoked with contextmenu_manager::init_context(handle_list) and I have no idea what's the difference between these two calls. And there is also contextmenu_manager::init_context_ex... fb2k API is really lacking in documentation =(

Reply #1099
init_context_playlist would run a context menu on the given playlist's current selection. init_context(handle_list) would set up a context menu on the given list of file handles, instead of relying on user selection. I'm not sure what the last one would be for, perhaps @Peter could shed some light on this?