Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Request] Genre scheduler (Read 8687 times) previous topic - next topic

[Request] Genre scheduler

I was thinking of something like this:

a scheduler that would create and play playlists one set time (like 3:30 PM) using determined filters ...

for e.g. :
9 AM : play songs from db where genre="smooth,folk"
12 AM: play songs from db where genre="rock"
etc.

the from db could be an option like from database or from 'main' playlist

I'm running a small coffee place and I would find it so useful to just keep foobar running and not switching from different playlist when I want to change the mood of the place

Reply #2
dunno, I dont think it would be cool _only_ for my place (which is not anyway), I can see some other cases where it would be nice (i.e. set some specific genre of music when your working on your computer from WH:ATever to whatever and then automaticaly switch to another genre ...

I might decide to get a computer where I am and code it for myself though, blah who knows

Reply #3
Maybe you could ask the developer of foo_shuffle to do this, it is quite a useful tool to keep songs playing depending from one ore more tag values (only from one author BUT different genre, different Year And different artist etc etc)
Although there hasn't been much updates in the last week I think (I am not really up to date at the moment)

Reply #4
Using my foo_scheduler (http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....pic=19109&st=0&) plugin it is possible to do that.

You have to first create the playlists manually, and add the actions "Change playlist", "Go to beginng",  and "Play" at selected time.