Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: good mpc setting (Read 4302 times) previous topic - next topic

good mpc setting

Ok I haven't used mpc in so long and I never really used it much so my question is what is the best setting with a bitrate lower <= 250?

good mpc setting

Reply #1
How about -insane?

good mpc setting

Reply #2
I was hoping that there would be a tweaked setting ah well insane does produce bitrates of 270+ on some of my stuff too though.

good mpc setting

Reply #3
[deleted]

good mpc setting

Reply #4
The thing is, with MPC, unlike with LAME, the default settings are very highly tuned. -standard, -xtreme, and -insane really do provide what you would want from a good preset.

Custom tweaks should really only be used if you want higher quality than that of insane, which is already really very high quality (I would take it over --dm-preset standard LAME files any day, even insane).

Also, I wouldn't use the -bw switch with mpc.  Lowpassing with this codec is not necessary, it doesn't really save bits as it does with something like MP3.  This is why a lowpass is not used in any of the default presets.  With -xtreme I especially wouldn't use -bw since the ath itself takes care of appropriately encoding high frequency content up to the necessarily levels in each situation.