Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: expander/ decompressor plugin? (Read 2466 times) previous topic - next topic

expander/ decompressor plugin?

Most of my music collection don't sound as good as they could (recording quality).  The most common sin is over-compression.  Some CDs have the life compressed out of them... especially micro-dynamics (by this I mean the dynamic range within one bar or within one beat), as opposed to macro-dynamics - quiet parts vs. loud parts.

In contrast, some of my best sounding recordings have wonderful realistic dynamic range.

So, is there a plugin for Winamp or iTunes that brings back some of the music's natural dynamic range?  Which ones sound best?

I prefer one for iTunes because on my main audio system I use Apple's Airport Express to receive music over WiFi from my PC, and it only works with iTunes.

expander/ decompressor plugin?

Reply #1
Text removed by author