Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "Save As" file type oddity (Read 847 times) previous topic - next topic

"Save As" file type oddity

I don't know if there's a way around it, but when using "|" (is it called a straight slash?) as part of an encoder name, it causes fb2k to behave a little oddly when displaying the "save as" file type. A forward slash "/"  or back slash "\" are okay, but I've been using "|" for the encoder name when piping as it looks a little neater. ie "ffmpeg | QAAC" rather than "ffmpeg / QAAC" etc. If there's dots in the file name it adds to the funkiness. I'm running XP and fb2k 1.4.2.

A couple of screenshots below to illustrate. For screenshot one the encoder name is "FFmpeg / QAAC" and for screenshot two it's "FFmpeg | QAAC". The screenshots show the drop-down file type list.

Cheers.

PS. The main issue isn't the drop-down list oddness, but the fact you can't see any files in the "save as" folder of the appropriate file type. For the screenshot below, that'd mean no m4a files are visible even if some do exist.

Re: "Save As" file type oddity

Reply #1
As a workaround, you can use fullwidth vertical line: |
for example: "ffmpeg|QAAC".

Reply #2
Thanks lvqcl, that works, although I'll confess I've no idea how to type one. Copying and pasting a full length line from your post did the trick though.

Cheers.

Reply #3
Bug confirmed, thanks for reporting.
An internal file dialog handling routine uses | characters as file type list delimiters and does not expect encoder name to contain such. This will be addressed in the next update.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #4
Thanks Peter.
I know I've mentioned this before, but it drives me a little nutty. Could the Output Format columns displaying the list of encoder names and settings etc be configured to auto-resize when the window is opened? So they open like the second screenshot instead of the first one? Or at least have the tooltip display the info in all three columns?

It'd also be nice to be able to resize the part of the window displaying the Saved Presets list in Converter Setup/Overview, rather than having to resize the entire window to prevent the need to scroll left and right.

Thanks for all the hard work!