Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Flashback (Read 4299 times) previous topic - next topic

Flashback

[a href="http://web.archive.org/web/20011030133642/http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/" target="_blank"][/a]
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Flashback

Reply #1

Flashback

Reply #2
MPC: --quality 10 --xlevel (v. 1.15s) (archive/transcoding)
MP3:  LAME 3.96.1 --preset standard (daily listening/portable)

Flashback

Reply #3
CLIC ON THE SMILEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

Flashback

Reply #4
Flashback...?

(You'd need a Super Nintendo to understand)

Flashback

Reply #5

Actually, the Genesis version is the better one. The cut-scenes are much, much more fluid in the genesis version due to the additional processor power. The SNES version is choppy as hell.

Flashback

Reply #6
I played that game in PC version... The opening looked just like Another World, sadly the game had nothing to do with that style onwards...
She is waiting in the air

Flashback

Reply #8
@rjamorin

Nice, Dolby must have hated that page.

Flashback

Reply #10
Ohh, I see
Greedy bastards
I guess that's why you don't have FAAC in your site no more.

How are the laws in Brazil about software piracy?
Here in colombia is *not* very likely to be put in jail for piracy,
in most cases you get fined but almost never convicted.

Flashback

Reply #11

Actually, the Genesis version is the better one. The cut-scenes are much, much more fluid in the genesis version due to the additional processor power. The SNES version is choppy as hell.

The only games that were better on Genesis than on SNES were Aladdin (haha, remember David Perry?), Mortal Kombat I (no fatalities?!), and the Madden football series (SNES wouldn't allow you to cream the ball carrier after the whistle). For everything else, SNES's improved color palette, resolution, and audio quality made its games superior IMO. Besides, my SNES was overclocked so far, those Flashback cutscenes were over before they began. Well... not really.

@/\/ephaestous: yup, I'm hijacking your thread... sorry!

Flashback

Reply #12
@rjamorin

Nice, Dolby must have hated that page.

Sure!

http://pessoal.onda.com.br/rjamorim/Dolby.txt

Why change anything when in the same message they say this:

We want to thank you very much for your cooperation
in this matter, and we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Flashback

Reply #13

The only games that were better on Genesis than on SNES were Aladdin (haha, remember David Perry?), Mortal Kombat I (no fatalities?!), and the Madden football series (SNES wouldn't allow you to cream the ball carrier after the whistle). For everything else, SNES's improved color palette, resolution, and audio quality made its games superior IMO. Besides, my SNES was overclocked so far, those Flashback cutscenes were over before they began. Well... not really.

I played A LOT of games on both systems & ALL the MK games where better on Genesis; Graphics, sound & gameplay.

Flashback

Reply #14
Flashback rockz - I played both Amiga and PC version. I still have modules from this game (Protracker), some nice (e.g. Journal)...

Flashback

Reply #15

Well, we are on Off-topic, aren't we?

Flashback

Reply #16

Huh... FAAC is there dude.

Look for "FAAC Binaries for Win32"

How are the laws in Brazil about software piracy?
Here in colombia is *not* very likely to be put in jail for piracy,
in most cases you get fined but almost never convicted.

Here too. unless you pirated too much, in this case the fine is so high that it's better to go to the jail for a week and pay nothing.

Flashback

Reply #17

Huh... FAAC is there dude.

Look for "FAAC Binaries for Win32"

/me needs reading glasses!

It's allright, I had those binaries anyway thanks to some russian guy. 

Flashback

Reply #18
I'm just curious, but isn't it illegal what archive.org is doing there?

Yeah, Flashback is one of the best Jump 'n Runs ever. Just played it some days ago on my grandfathers (!) SNES