Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Splitting large flac+cue into mutiple flac files (Read 16920 times) previous topic - next topic

Splitting large flac+cue into mutiple flac files

Reply #50
So, unless anyone objects, here is my final procedure for everything but the index 00 cuesheets: using foobar, I will convert all of my monolithic files to track-by-track files. I will then load that cuesheet into CUE Tools to get the cuesheet for those albums. I will figure out the index 00 files as I get to them. This should work... right?

Reply #51
@TheSpeedoBeast: Sounds fine, you would just have to make sure the filenames that CUE Tools writes in the cuesheet match up with the files that foobar2000 produces.

Reply #52
Yeah, I figure if I ever need to burn a CD from the Cuesheet, the data will be there, all I will have to do is change the generic names (00.flac, etc) to the actual names (01 - filename.flac) at that time instead of having to do all 400 of those manually.

Reply #53
I think the idea of the noncompliant noncompliant () cuesheets for these rare cases seems pretty good, I will see about adding support for writing these to the next version of CUE Tools.

EDIT:  @greynol, I see you mentioned this type of cuesheet a while back.  Have you tested reading them in Burrrn, EAC, or anything else?

Yeah, I refer to them as modified noncompliant: a hybrid of the individual indices and noncompliant cues.  EAC (the only program I use to burn audio) has no trouble with them.  I'd be surprised if Burrrn couldn't use them.

Hybrid cues can be pretty useful.  In order to do some recent testing, I decided to create a two-file image cue where the first file was the first track with which I had two different versions (and two different cues to reference each).  Anyway, I had to learn how to use the munge command so that I could shift all the timing back.  I started with a single-file image cue which had at least 40 different indices and there was no way I was going to change them all by hand.

Reply #54
Is there any way to script CUE Tools to do, say, an entire directory of flac files instead of having to do all 400 individually? Just let me know. Thanks.

Reply #55
Not now, but let me think if there is something quick I could change to allow it.

Reply #56
What is the folder structure going to look like for the input and output CUEs?  For example:

In: E:\FLACs\Artist-Album\SomeName.cue
Out: E:\FLACsSplit\Artist-Album\SomeName.cue

What is yours going to look like?

Reply #57
I am almost sure that it is as such:
In: /          (all the cues+flacs are in one folder)
Out: /Artist/Album

Reply #58
I spent a while today making the way the output path is generated a lot more flexible.  It can now be created using a custom format, you could do something like:

C:\NewCUEs\%D\%C\%D - %C.cue

And CUE Tools would replace %C with the artist (from the PERFORMER tag in the input cuesheet), %D with the album title.  So it would generate something like this for you:

C:\NewCUEs\Opeth\Blackwater Park\Opeth - Blackwater Park.cue

Also, you are able to use parts of the original directory and filename if you want.  I'll describe that later when I release it.

Now I just have to build in some kind of batch mode, I don't think that will take too long if I keep it simple.  I'll try to get it released sometime (late) tonight.

Reply #59
EDIT: Link removed, 1.9.0 has been released.

Select "Use custom format" and put:

Code: [Select]
%1:-1\%D\%C\%F.cue

A brief explanation of what this means:  %a:b where a and b are numbers means to use a range of elements from the original directory name.  For example, if the original cuesheet is in E:\Stuff\CUEs, element 1 is E:, 2 is Stuff, and 3 is CUEs.  Negative numbers start from the end, so -1 is CUEs, -2 is Stuff, and -3 is E:.  So %1:-1 means the first through the last.  I think I should make %0 a shorthand for that.  Anyway, the rest is pretty simple:  %D is artist, %C is album, and %F is the original cuesheet filename without extension.  So, in the same folder as your original cuesheets, CUE Tools will create a subfolder for each artist, another inside those for each album, and use the same filename as the original cuesheet.

Change any other settings how you want them (I guess "Create CUE sheet only (no audio files)", Gaps appended, and then however you want the audio filenames inside the cuesheet).  Then click "Batch..." and select your folder, and let it do it's thing.

Reply #60
Wow, you are a stud! I will let you know how it works! I never expected to get this kind of support. Thanks a lot though, that's very generous of you.

Reply #61
No problem.  I should mention that the remove special characters and spaces to underscores settings also apply to %D and %C in the folder names so you can uncheck those depending on how you want the folders named.

Reply #62
I've added a few more features.  The first is a tool to correct the filenames within cuesheets based on the audio files present in the same folder.  I've already written an explanation so I'll just copy/paste it:

Drop CUE sheets here to correct the audio filenames contained inside. The audio files must be located in the same folder as the CUE sheet. The number of audio files in that folder must match the number of files referenced by the CUE sheet. The audio files must be named such that when sorted they are in order by track number.

The second feature is the option to preserve the HTOA (track 1 index 0) when converting to non-compliant (gaps appended) cuesheets.  If present, the HTOA is written out to a separate file and referenced in the cuesheet instead of using a PREGAP line.

Both features are done and completely tested, I just have to do some work on the GUI before I can release it.

Reply #64
No, right now it always writes the file.  But I'll think about doing that.

EDIT:  CUE Tools 1.9.0 has been released.