Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Screen reader accessibility related improvements (Read 600 times) previous topic - next topic

Screen reader accessibility related improvements

Hello,
Let me to quote from the changelog.

• Allowed dim mode on all devices, not just TV.
Actually I have requested this not so long ago. Huge thanks for it.
However you've taken it a step further...
  • Added non-skinned playback controls view (actually restored from ancient pre-skin code), use advanced settings option to activate it. Work in progress.
Now this is amazing. Unchecking Skinned playback screen makes the screen fully accessible to screen reader users using talkback or other screen reading apps on android. You have even managed to add content descriptions to the prev / play / pause / next buttons.
This is all greatly appreciated. I very much enjoy this update.

Sorry for flooding you with this kind of requests but I can't resist when UX and screen reader accessibility are improving rapidly.

When adding mini player or individual buttons as the home screen widgets these are all very usefull and fully functional. However all the buttons are presented as if they have the text "button" to screen reader apps such as talkback. Would it be possible to add proper contentDescription to these buttons describing what each of these buttons is doing when pressed e.g. Previous, Next, Pause, Play and similar? Buttons on the new non skinned playback screen are already described perfectly so perhaps it might be possible to reuse the same string resources for describing buttons displayed on the home screen widgets.

Thanks for listening, considering these improvements and making the best audio player of all times even better.

Greetings

Peter

Re: Screen reader accessibility related improvements

Reply #1
Out of curiosity: are you the reviewer "Khalamari Kid" from the german Playstore?

Re: Screen reader accessibility related improvements

Reply #2
Out of curiosity: are you the reviewer "Khalamari Kid" from the german Playstore?
Sorry for the late reply. I am not.
Foobar 2000 is used extensivelly among visually disabled people both on windows as well as on mobile because it uses native controls to the platforms, has great user experience and concentrates on organizing and listening to music rather than extra visual gimmicks. It's highly functional, awesome, very responsive and very performant.
During all these years the developer is taking accessibility related feature requests verry seriously, so spreading the word, enjoying the perfect audio player and donating is what I am recommending to people whenever I can.

Greetings

Peter