Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Conversion g.726 to wav or mp3 (Read 10825 times) previous topic - next topic

Conversion g.726 to wav or mp3

Hi. I'm trying to commandline convert g.726 files from a digital voice recorder to .wav or mp3 (or any other usable) format.

I've tried, with little success, MMconvert and SOX (plus some other freeware GUI-Apps)

Is there any way to install a codec to recognize these files away from the recorder? I cant even listen to them.

the File that comes out of the recorder is named  "VOC__001.726"

anybody got any clues?
cheers
chris

Reply #1
Basically ITU g.726 is just a raw adpcm stream. Perhaps the problem is that the software you tested did not recognize the number of bits per sample, which may vary within this standard. Sample rate is 8 kHz, bits per sample 2, 3 , 4 or 5, that makes an effective bitrate of 16,24,32,40 kbps.

Reply #2
thanks! I guess I have to try the different settings through with SOX.
Cheers
Chris

Reply #3
hey,
just to clear thing up and finalise this thread:

I wasnt able to find anything to do a commandline conversion of such files.
I was able to play back the file with gxtranscoder (http://www.germanixsoft.de/)

Hope this helps someone.