Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_navigator (Read 79524 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_navigator

Since foobar2000 0.9 has been lacking a functional history component, I decided to take a try and make my own. By now it just provides commands to go back and forward and show the recently played tracks.
(Maybe I'll get to create a custom panel, but this would certainly take some time and for the time being I will only do some small bugfixes and additions)

For more information and downloads go to my page.

foo_navigator

Reply #1
nice idea
but...
Error!
Could not connect to remote server

I've tried for the last 5 minutes

foo_navigator

Reply #2
Some improvments:

1) Beside the option "Seconds to wait", amore flexable option would be "Precenge (%) to wait".

2) An option to an automatic creation of History playlist without to press "View history" in a submenu.

3) Maybe an option to mark in the DB the track history to interact with foo_autoplaylist.

Thanks, I will reguard for feutre releases.

foo_navigator

Reply #3
Error!
Could not connect to remote server
I've tried for the last 5 minutes

No problems over here. Does anybody else get this error?

1) Beside the option "Seconds to wait", amore flexable option would be "Precenge (%) to wait".
2) An option to an automatic creation of History playlist without to press "View history" in a submenu.

Done
Not quite sure about number 3, what exactly do you mean? I think most of such things can be done with Playback Statistics.

foo_navigator

Reply #4
still cannot connect
please could use the Uploads subforum and post there?
This is badly needed

foo_navigator

Reply #5
Strange, I can get there no problem.  Browser problem instead?

foo_navigator

Reply #8
still cannot connect :(
please could use the Uploads subforum and post there?

OK, here it is.

same here with lycos dsl (telekom backbone). i think röntgen is also a german.

Well, I'm german, too. However, using T-Online.

foo_navigator

Reply #9
Another improvments:
1) May you add an option to choise the adding order of the tracks to the playlist, last to newest or newest to last.

2) when I close (or remove in fb2k terminology) the history playlist - all past history dissapear. more over i can change the order or delete items from the playlist, can it possibole to make it untouchable by choise?

3) adding a new button/feature: Clear history.

4) What is the function of "History size:"? is it the size of the history you can get via the buttons press? it have no effect on the History playlist. so if i don't use the buttons i can reduce it to zero?

Thanx a lot, the other feature work very well, it just what whe need :-)

foo_navigator

Reply #10
Great plugin, working perfectly so far (much better than foo_history, also - the option to control waiting time is great). I hope you continue to develop it. Kudos.

foo_navigator

Reply #11
Nice plugin!

The only improvement i would love to see is a reversed playlist where the newest tracks are on the top.

A bigger request i must admit: Introducing a database-only tag (saved in cfg.file f.e.) %_play_stamp%. So you would even have a column for displaying the date & time when a song was played. That tag would have to be a multiple oneand could be used for other purposes too!

Thanks for the plugin!

EDIT: It would be logical to make the navigator playlist a locked one like the foo_history is!

foo_navigator

Reply #12
Nice plugin!

I agree.
The only improvement i would love to see is a reversed playlist where the newest tracks are on the top.

I agree.
EDIT: It would be logical to make the navigator playlist a locked one like the foo_history is!

I agree.

Thank you very much for the plugin. 

foo_navigator

Reply #13
very cool plugin, thanks!

the only feature I would request would be for the 'foward' option to also act like the 'next' button when you reach the end of the history list. I like going back a few songs, then skipping ahead to random songs with a global shortcut key. Thanks!

foo_navigator

Reply #14
Hi,

I finally developed a new version, including a panel and custom dropdown buttons. I also made some of the improvements you suggested. Information and download of the component can be found on the same page as the first version.

Bye,
yanni

PS: I also posted an update to the uploads forum for the ones unable to download from the page above.

foo_navigator

Reply #15
Coooooool, thanks for the panel version.

One tiny, little thing: the edge style option is missing

foo_navigator

Reply #16
Nice one. Thanks.

I see something about a toolbar in configuration but I can't seem to be able to activate it (the panel works as expected though), am I doing something wrong?

foo_navigator

Reply #17
One tiny, little thing: the edge style option is missing

Done.

I see something about a toolbar in configuration but I can't seem to be able to activate it (the panel works as expected though), am I doing something wrong?

You need to open the Customise button dialog (for any button toolbar you'd like), add a new button, click Change and select the Buttons Command group.

foo_navigator

Reply #18
Thanks for this plugin!

foo_navigator

Reply #19
Hi,

I finally developed a new version, including a panel and custom dropdown buttons. I also made some of the improvements you suggested. Information and download of the component can be found on the same page as the first version.

Bye,
yanni

Nice work! I would like the history not to be reset whenever I close foobar, though. The playlist remains, so it is functional, for me, but the panel would be nice if it held the info.

foo_navigator

Reply #20
I just noticed this as well just now. I would also like to request this feature. Thanks!

Hi,

Bye,
yanni

Nice work! I would like the history not to be reset whenever I close foobar, though. The playlist remains, so it is functional, for me, but the panel would be nice if it held the info.

foo_navigator

Reply #21
Don't know if it only me but the back dropdown button just adds the same songs on the same row, like this:
5. artist - title
5. artist - title4. artist - title
5. artist - title4. artist - title3. artist - title
5. artist - title4. artist - title3. artist - title2. artist - title
5. artist - title4. artist - title3. artist - title2. artist - title1. artist - title

foo_navigator.dll v0.5 [03 November 2006] - Navigator

My formatting is:
Code: [Select]
$num(%_history_number%,$len(%_history_number%)). %artist% - %title%
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foo_navigator

Reply #22
I had a quick look and what confused me was whenever i started playback from the panel foo switched to the origin playlist. Navigator seems to remember the source playlist. The problem is: If a track inside the navigator panel doesn't belong to an playlist anymore no playback is possible anymore even if the track belongs to the history plugin. My suggestion: Let a doubleclick apply the "play" command from foo_utils.

Also one bug: Sometimes a playing track isn't send to the history panel/playlist. I will see if i can reproduce that.

And sure! The History should be kept! 

foo_navigator

Reply #23
I wrote:

The problem is: If a track inside the navigator panel doesn't belong to an playlist anymore no playback is possible anymore even if the track belongs to the history plugin. My suggestion: Let a doubleclick apply the "play" command from foo_utils.

On the other side some people like the behavior that the source of the tracks is remembered. So why not an option like "Play history item in its playlist":  If it is not checked a doubleclick always applies the "play" command and if it is checked the "play" command is is only then applied then the track doesn't belong to a playlist anymore.

Another feature request: Now in the panel version it would be useful to have a variable %_history_timestamp% (yyyy.mm.dd hh:mm:ss) which displays when the track was played.

Thanks for your work so far! 

foo_navigator

Reply #24
There's now an option to remember the history across sessions.

@Andreasvb: That's very strange. I can't imagine what may be causing this behaviour. Are the forward button and the panel working fine? Are you using the latest versions of foobar2k and ColumnsUI.
Does anybody else experience this bug?

@q-stankovic: Unfortunately I don't know how foo_utils works; as far as I can see, there's no function in the SDK to play a track that's not inside a playlist. If anyone knows better, I may have a try.
Regarding the timestamp: Maybe this will be implemented in a future release, for the time being you may use foo_playcount as a replacement.