Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [TOS #2] From: A problem with Foobar FLAC/MP3 conversion (Read 1032 times) previous topic - next topic

[TOS #2] From: A problem with Foobar FLAC/MP3 conversion

Also (on a totally different subject) have you never downloaded an album where the "names" are "embellished" by all sorts of rubbish - I have!!
One should have no sense of expectation, much less entitlement, when downloading music through improper channels. That risk comes with the territory!

Pretension is the last resort of those with a claim to nothing!

Reply #1
You’re the one with a claim to nothing here, which was my point. Nice try, though!

Reply #2
sometimes ignorance can be a blessing

I have attempted to be polite because I think that everyone attempting to help should be treated with respect - No matter if the advice they offer is cr*p, they have tried to help.

However, when individuals then attempt to gain "brownie points" (at my expense) for their own stupidity my attitude changes!

"Maggie" would be a prime example.

She posted "I'd suggest you drag the .cue sheet into foobar's playlist windows and convert the tracks from there".

This, I thought, was odd and would not work - I was right (but I tried it).

For her to then attempt to copy the point from "lvqcl's" earlier post (which contradicted her initial responses) I thought was a "bit rich"!

"dv1989", on the other hand, just seems to be a "know nothing" attention seeker (I can, only hope his/her other 1,700+ posts were more knowledge based - but I doubt it), who then attempts to use other people's lack of knowledge in an attempt to make himself (I suspect that it is a he) look clever.

Instead, it just shows up his lack of knowledge, sheer stupidity and lack of respect for other posters!

If Windows Explorer can read tags from FLAC, they must be ID3 tags. This combination is not standard, which is probably why foobar2000 doesn’t read (and therefore doesn’t transfer) the tags.

What are you tagging the FLAC files with? You should let the command-line encoder handle it.

Others can judge that - I would not wish to comment further! 

Certainly, lvqcl seemed to have it "sussed" but (maybe) the fact that his/her input was watered down by others suggestions would explain my failure to spot that.

My apologies to him/her!

The, only other poster that came close (IMHO) was probably "probedb" but he/she never replied to my response to his/her post.

Once again, my thanks to all that attempted to help apart from the two attention seekers who have now attempted to be clever!!

Never a good idea for the cerebrally challenged!

Reply #3
Spot the ignorant one:

apparently, your FLAC files are not tagged at all
Problem solved!!

It turned out that the individual FLAC files had no tags at all

since your file names consist of %tracknumber%. %artist% - %tracktitle%, you get the false impression that the windows explorer gives you those informations, whereas it simply shows the file name
although quite why the track numbers/artist and song titles all showed still escapes me!!

Your attempts at conceited superiority, presumably in an effort to distract from your failure to read others’ perfectly correct posts, have no leg to stand on. It’s cringeworthy, really.

"dv1989", on the other hand, just seems to be a "know nothing" attention seeker (I can, only hope his/her other 1,700+ posts were more knowledge based - but I doubt it), who then attempts to use other people's lack of knowledge in an attempt to make himself (I suspect that it is a he) look clever.

Instead, it just shows up his lack of knowledge, sheer stupidity and lack of respect for other posters!

And you want to talk about respect?

Really, you’re right. I’m quite full of shit! What, did you want me to put up a fight about that?

But you ought to seriously rethink your approach. No one is under any obligation to help you or at least to try to, and they are hardly likely to bother when you first miss their totally correct posts and then treat anyone like this—regardless of their “lack of knowledge, sheer stupidity and lack of respect for other posters”!

Thanks for the latter, by the way. It’s always nice to have my dearth of self-esteem exacerbated by strangers on the internet, and it does wonders for my blood pressure too! People like you are why I could do with eschewing the internet altogether. If anything is helping to make me “cerebrally challenged”, it’s that.

Reply #4
Spot the ignorant one:

apparently, your FLAC files are not tagged at all
Problem solved!!

It turned out that the individual FLAC files had no tags at all

since your file names consist of %tracknumber%. %artist% - %tracktitle%, you get the false impression that the windows explorer gives you those informations, whereas it simply shows the file name
although quite why the track numbers/artist and song titles all showed still escapes me!!

Your attempts at conceited superiority, presumably in an effort to distract from your failure to read others’ perfectly correct posts, have no leg to stand on. It’s cringeworthy, really.

And you want to talk about respect?

Really, you’re right. I’m quite full of shit! What, did you want me to put up a fight about that?

But you ought to seriously rethink your approach. No one is under any obligation to help you or at least to try to, and they are hardly likely to bother when you first miss their totally correct posts and then treat anyone like this—regardless of their “lack of knowledge, sheer stupidity and lack of respect for other posters”!

Thanks for the latter, by the way. It’s always nice to have my dearth of self-esteem exacerbated by strangers on the internet, and it does wonders for my blood pressure too! People like you are why I could do with eschewing the internet altogether. If anything is helping to make me “cerebrally challenged”, it’s that.

Was that "rant" meant to impress anyone?