Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why do I see cats everywhere? (Read 70681 times) previous topic - next topic

Why do I see cats everywhere?

Reply #100
My avatar is sort of a cat-submarine thing. I only put it on here recently but I've used it on LiveJournal for about six months.

Yes, I loved playing Parodius on my SNES when I was younger. The cat is from one of the sequels although there is another pirate cat in the original.

Reply #101
meow meow

kitty is doing a AAC listening test

Reply #102
meow meow

kitty is doing a AAC listening test

kangoo is testing Vorbis (kangoo is totally satisfied)

btw. it is impossible to put the headphones on the ears of these mammals if you want to obtain a picture that looks nice.
I love the moderators.

Reply #103
New avatar here... just in time for summer. 

Reply #104
You guys win, finally: I've got my kitty as my avatar now. Well, part of him, at least. I'll probably rotate my avatar every week to different parts of his body, and then at the end of summer I'll have built up enough suspence to finally post a full-kitty shot. As if he'd even fit into 110 pixels, the lard-butt.

Reply #105
Hmm.. there are so many cat avatars, that the avatars actually start to lose their meaning. You cant even instantly tell when scrolling fast who is who, because everybody has more or less similar cat-avatar...
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #106
Hmm.. there are so many cat avatars, that the avatars actually start to lose their meaning. You cant even instantly tell when scrolling fast who is who, because everybody has more or less similar cat-avatar...

Blah, fine, changed it again, although I think my cat was the cutest. I guess HA still doesn't have a refined cat-connoisseur population that can discern the subtle difference between all these cute-as-a-button kitties. 

Reply #107
normally im not one to follow the herds but i think the cat motif is rather amusing. I recently changed my avatar to this rather warped (photoshop generated) rendition of my kitty. If she could comment on it im sure she would approve, she is quite a disturbed animal.

Reply #108

You really have that much of a problem telling all the cats apart?

Reply #109
Here is a page with a Japanese photografer that specializes in closeup pictures of puppies and a few kittens. On the cute side, but thats common in Japan.

http://www.e-michael.jp/gallery.htm

Reply #110
HIHAA...

now am also a cat lover..
serious.. i was tired of the old one..
notch-notch..

BTW..
to have cats in the house.. is very helpfull..
when mastering music..

Reply #111
BTW..
to have cats in the house.. is very helpfull..
when mastering music..

How so, n68?

P.S. when did you acquire the "Haiku Master" tagline?

Reply #112
HIHAA...

now am also a cat lover..
serious.. i was tired of the old one..

What was the old one?  It looked like you were either doing Tai Chi or giving someone the
finger.

Reply #113
Katz?  I don't see Katz.  You've seen Katz here!?     
Nov schmoz kapop.

Reply #114
I'm thinking of doing some trolling of the Web for cat pics... would anyone here be interested in a "cat avatars" web page from which to grab pics?

Eh, I suppose a Google image search would be just as well...

Reply #115
I'm thinking of doing some trolling of the Web for cat pics... would anyone here be interested in a "cat avatars" web page from which to grab pics?

A Google image-search for "kitties" turned up some decent cat pictures, but I'm sure a hand-made compilation would yield much better results. My roommate's older sister is absolutely addicted to searching the Internet for cute animal pictures (she'll do it for hours at a time...), so you'll have at least one interested person.

If nothing else, a sizeable collection of kitty-picture sites posted into this thread would be good for posterity. I'd get a kick out of it.

Reply #116

A Google image-search for "kitties" turned up some decent cat pictures, but I'm sure a hand-made compilation would yield much better results. My roommate's older sister is absolutely addicted to searching the Internet for cute animal pictures (she'll do it for hours at a time...), so you'll have at least one interested person.

If nothing else, a sizeable collection of kitty-picture sites posted into this thread would be good for posterity. I'd get a kick out of it.

OK, I'll whip up something over the next few days.  I still have about 4 accounts on Comcast I can create, so I'll start a website and post some pictures sized for this forum, & some links.  Could be fun, I have way too much time to waste.  B)

Reply #117
I use a photo of my cat for an avatar because my cat is the best and she is full of love!
Cowon Iaudio X5 30 gig. It rocks!

Reply #119
Gday..

How so, n68?

P.S. when did you acquire the "Haiku Master" tagline?

a. they have a  awesome hearing.. regarding: sonic sound..
and beta waves..
b. ask johnV.. he`s idea.. >no.. roberto..

Code: [Select]
What was the old one? It looked like you were either doing Tai Chi or giving someone the
finger.

partly right.. am pissing at my flag.

Reply #120
I came to this board just now to post a question asking about the apparent "cat club" going on around here...and found this thread which answered my question!

I do like cats, but I'm allergic to them (dogs, too) and have to settle for birds and fish as pets.  My last was a Mullocan Cockatoo, but I had to give her up when I moved. 

So, no animal avatars for me.  Mine's a digital creation by the Italian artist Adriano Abbado called "FuocoTerraAriaAcqua", translating to "FireEarthAirWater".  Being an astrology nut (hence my screen name), a representation of the four elements seemed an appropriate avatar.

Among some of my favorites that I've seen here...

> qristus' bunny and boojum's dog (just in this thread, though)
> SometimesWarrior's electric bass is a great pic...looks just like the rosewood fretboard and brass frets on my Stuart Spector 4-string (but I can't tell what kind it is from that angle)
> Garf's got a weird looking one...I wonder if it's a self-portrait?    (Just kidding...please don't ban me!)
> The most mysterious looking one has got to be Dibrom's.  I swear when I look just away from it a little, in the corner of my eye it looks like the haze is moving.  I've seen the photo on his sourceforge website for comparison...is that him "behind the haze"?

Reply #121
My neighbour's cat was visiting me quite often.
Her name: " die Katz' "

Reply #122
a representation of the four elements seemd an appropriate avatar.

AFAIK there's more than 4 elements 
Happiness - The agreeable sensation of contemplating the misery of others.

Reply #123
Katz?  I don't see Katz.  You've seen Katz here!?      

There are no cats here. Cats are stupid. Cats are commiting suicide under the walls of Bagdad...

I love the moderators.