Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ahead software released the sdk/api for Nero Burning Rom (Read 5346 times) previous topic - next topic

Ahead software released the sdk/api for Nero Burning Rom

Reply #1
Well, Ahead software released the sdk/api for Nero Burning Rom. 

So, that's a time for OGG/MPC input plugins (-;

It's API for using functions of nero from other programs. It could be used to make a new burning program with support to every imaginable format, but not for making plugin for nero.

Reply #2
So, at the end, they didn't include the plugin creation part??? It smells like a little conspiracy 
Anyway, sooner or later burner soft with open api will appear, and ahead will loose their popularity a bit...

And I'm sorry about the message, I was sure that this is a full sdk...

Reply #3
ahead is SO stubborn... i email them like every month to get some plugin api... but they never respond... and did you know they own feurio too (at least i think they do...) which if they incorporated feurio features into nero, it would be SO much better...

oh well we can always dream!

oh yea so why doenst someone write a basic burning program that supports winamp plugins with this new nero api!

im sure the entire community would be eternally indebted to this person if they would write such a program.

just my 2 cents.

Reply #4
yup...

at one time.. i did mail ahead at four different "divisions"... (right about round the
roxio deal..)
i asked them about the plugin arcitecture code.. ( as ahead have anounced
that they had plans to offer it for download..)

i got five different answers.. two of them said it was "in work"

now ahead has spend  alot of time and money on a make over.. on their
web site.. and under nero 5.5.0.0 history.. they have edited the content..
as of no releasing of the plugin source..

but on the otherhand i can say that with the express inteface..
nero is working much more smothly;)

so i guess.. time will tell..

Reply #5
Yeah, Ahead Software sucks.  I love Nero and all, but when I've e-mailed them (and called, left voicemails) about wanting to write a plug-in (for MPC) they don't ever return any calls or e-mails.  I'd be satisfied with a simple "There is no SDK available right now but we are planning on releasing one within the next X months" but instead they just ignore all correspondence... It's ridiculous.  Especially when I'd be doing something that could possibly get more people using Nero and it wouldn't cost them a dime.

Reply #6
It kinda makes you wonder if they were intending to release an SDK, but plans abruptly changed when it was decided to license the MP3Pro codec. I can see a restrictive license for that technology, perhaps one of the stipulations was that they scrap plans for offering other audio codec plugins alongside the MP3Pro release.

I dunno, kinda smells fishy to me.
The sky is blue.

Reply #7
Originally posted by mpcfiend
It kinda makes you wonder if they were intending to release an SDK, but plans abruptly changed when it was decided to license the MP3Pro codec. I can see a restrictive license for that technology, perhaps one of the stipulations was that they scrap plans for offering other audio codec plugins alongside the MP3Pro release.

I dunno, kinda smells fishy to me.

hmmm...
let`s remember this:

"Ahead Software AG, creator of the world famous CD Recording application NERO™, announces the appointment of John Tafoya as Vice President of Business Development. John Tafoya has been influential in driving CD recording hardware and software from concept to mass-market adoption. Most recently he served as Director of Business Development at Roxio, Inc., where he led the firm's strategic direction, establishing and managing relationships with Microsoft, Real Networks and other industry leaders. "

this was posted at 1. april.. so many "die hard" belived this to be a joke...

but me.. among others.. mailed Udo Eberlein and Jim Corbett at ahead
to get it confirmed.. Udo told uss that this was sadly true..
Jim didn`t wan`t to make a statement.. maybe wise.. consider that
mr Tafoya was going to replace him.

As now.. with Tafoya in the chair.. the money have been spent on
cosmetic PR.. and not development.
and with that in mind.. ahead are going downhill (moneyvise)
ex. the mp3 pro deal with thomson/rca..

so with mr Roxio in the front.. ????????????????????????????