Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [USELESS] From: foobar2000 v1.1.11 beta (Read 1488 times) previous topic - next topic

[USELESS] From: foobar2000 v1.1.11 beta

(As I cannot edit previous post I'll just add new one)

I've upgraded from beta 1 to beta 4 and foobar started to crash almost instantly after starting playback... unfortunately I was presented with the messaged that due to using 'bla' extensions I cannot participate in troubleshooting... Well, I'm back to 1.1.10 which works without any problems.

Reply #1
If you wish the crashing to be looked into, you should post the crashlog here. The server rejects reports from configurations with hackware because they flooded the system and made finding correctable bugs more difficult.

Reply #2
SOT:
well... I think that what I was saying is that I don't care... Current version (even with hack/crashware plugins) is stone solid for me... new version doesn't bring anything of a necessity nor interest for me (more along the lines of 'oh well... I'll up it to appease my OCD') and what actually prevents me from doing so is that... I have no clue which component the troubleshooter is talking about and I have no interest in checking it one by one to shout yatta after successfully matching crash-with-missing-plugin scenario.

Reply #3
Open Components page of Preferences, Copy report, paste. There, that was easy.

Reply #4
You've missed the point - if the troubleshooter tells me that I'm using wrong plugin and it won't cooperate on my config (WHICH IS FINE!) then at least it should point to me the name of that plugin...

Reply #5
Actually it is a very simple question without hue need of a long answer: do you want to know the name of the component or not?

In the latter case you exclude yourself from the community by refusing to send meaningful reports just because you want to keep using a shity component violating the SDK. That's ok if that is your decision but please don't make us believe that it is not you who doesn't want to cooperate!