Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist Manager: "Activate on single click" and "Play on double click" settings (Read 1449 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlist Manager: "Activate on single click" and "Play on double click" settings

It would be nice to have an ability to change default behavior of the "Playlist Manager" control for consistency with Facets control. "Activate on single click" and "Play on double click" settings will be very useful.

Re: Playlist Manager: "Activate on single click" and "Play on double click" settings

Reply #1
Was something like this implemented by making a double click of a playlist *always* stop playing the current item and play the current item in the selected playlist? I don't think older versions of the playlist manager did this. I think a double click used to simply display the selected playlist. I find myself accidentally changing the playing track all the time now by double-clicking on a playlist, and it is very annoying. A change like this that completely screws up playback for users who are used to a particular interface should provide an option to override the new behavior. Thanks.

Re: Playlist Manager: "Activate on single click" and "Play on double click" settings

Reply #2
Freon,
I'm kinda curious to know if there's a setting for it after reading your post. I don't use the playlist manager much but for me double clicking always switches the playlist but it never stops the currently playing track and I haven't found a setting that forces it to do so (foobar2000 version 1.3.16)

Could the way the GUI is configured effect that behaviour? I have multiple playlists tabs and for me it makes the playlist manager fairly redundant because it's easy enough to click on a a tab, but all I can get the playlist manager to do is change the "focused" playlist tab when I double click.