Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: dBpoweramp for Apple OS X (Read 10689 times) previous topic - next topic

dBpoweramp for Apple OS X

dBpoweramp previously Windows only, is now available on Apple OS X (Mountain Lion or newer).

Regulars of dBpoweramp on Windows will instantly feel at home: Converting tracks, with Finder integration make editing tags and instigating conversions quick and easy. Batch conversions take the hard work out of whole library conversions. CD Ripper employs the same secure ripper, with AccurateRip, c2 error pointer support, utilizes 5 metadata providers for consistent and high quality metadata, finally multi-encoder enables two or more audio formats to be created at time of ripping.

For further details visit: http://www.dbpoweramp.com

Reply #1
Congratulations to the new release!

Reply #2
I remember really liking the paid-version of dBpoweramp on Windows so it's good to see this option on OSX now as well.
The Loudness War is over. Now it's a hopeless occupation.

Reply #3
Congrats! I just tried it out and it's running great. I love using XLD but all the DSP and extras from dBpoweramp are so helpful.

My big request would be adding the Apple AAC codec as it is included with the OS.

Reply #6
Are there any reason to use this over XLD considering XLD is free and this has a high price tag.

Reply #7
You can try it for 21 days, no obligation then come to your own conclusion.

Reply #8
I tried the beta and just expected Apple's AAC to be available. Not having Core Audio (Core Audio AAC and ALAC) is an odd choice for sure.

The other issue I had when testing is that I couldn't find a way to rip to image+cue. Has that changed in the release version?

If I could chime in about dBpoweramp's benefit over XLD it would mainly be down to metadata, the former being best in class for artwork and tags when ripping. Not a problem if you use iTunes to load the metadata from Gracenote and let XLD use that. Oh and I guess dBpoweramp is a bit quicker at doing secure rips.

I can't say anything about dBpoweramp's converter as I don't use it (no way from cue sheet album sources), and again, lack of Core AAC would be a problem.

Reply #9
Core Audio is not yet supported, however ALAC is, select Apple Lossless from the Encoder menu.

Image and cue are not supported on the OS X version, sorry.