Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Beatles' Sgt. Pepper remix with Dolby Atmos spatial audio on Apple Music (Read 1342 times) previous topic - next topic

Beatles' Sgt. Pepper remix with Dolby Atmos spatial audio on Apple Music

Producer Giles Martin about the remix of Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band with Dolby Atmos spatial audio on Apple Music:
"You're dealing with a record that's been around for 50 years that everyone loves, and no one's ever said sounded bad"
"It's a bit like someone you love for years having a slightly different haircut"
"It's good, but it’s not right... It doesn't sound quite right to me."

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/beatles-sgt-pepper-apple-music-1203108/
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/beatles-best-spatial-audio-albums-apple-music-abbey-road-giles-martin-1202832/

Re: Beatles' Sgt. Pepper remix with Dolby Atmos spatial audio on Apple Music

Reply #1
I've been enjoying the Apple spatial stuff. I'm not yet sure if it's a novelty or not, but anything that draws attention to sound quality is a good thing in my opinion.

Reply #2
I thought it was a pretty neat mix of a favorite album. And if I don't happen to feel like listening to the spatial mix, I can turn off spatial audio and listen to the conventional stereo master.

Reply #3
If the Author of the album is alright with it, it' ok.
I am very disturbed with the albums produced after the death of some artists, like Prince.
If the artist tought his songs are'nt worth publishing then why publish them after his death.
From a historical point of view we should keep the original recordings as they are.
For exemple, I keep a vinyl of the Joshua tree which is a reference for me as I can't bear the remastrings.