Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Mirror files from source to destination during sync (Foo One Way Sync) (Read 922 times) previous topic - next topic

Mirror files from source to destination during sync (Foo One Way Sync)

From the name of the component (One Way Sync) I had presumed that two-way sync was beyond the capabilities of this component, but from the description of Delete unreferenced files: files not checked to copy on the next sync—but already present on the destination device—will be erased from the destination device it seems it is / should be possible. However, with this option checked, files deleted from the playlist I am using as the source remain on my mobile device.

So, what's the purpose of Delete unreferenced files. Is there any way to enable a two-way sync? Thanks.

Re: Mirror files from source to destination during sync (Foo One Way Sync)

Reply #1
Two-way sync means it syncs back from the device, copying files back to your computer. This should not be, since this tool is already reducing file quality on convert, an irreversible operation.

Reply #2
Ok, so any way to mirror the contents of the playlist to the mobile device so that files deleted from the playlist are also deleted from the destination?

Reply #3
I'm not sure. You'll have to get the component's author to speak up.

Reply #4
PS and for what it's worth, two-way sync is the backbone of the iTunes / iPod setup. If you sync tracks to an iPod and then make changes to those tracks [ratings, genres, etc.], when you next sync the iPod with iTunes, those changes are copied across to the original library.

Although there are options to convert files on OWS, as far as I can tell they are secondary to the main function of simply transferring files onto a mobile device, so your point above about reduction in file quality is only a concern if files were converted on the original sync to the mobile device.

I'm really looking for the same sync functionality I had with iTunes if anyone else has experience of using a mobile device as their main music player in conjunction with Foobar. Thanks.