Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How-to include a double quote in a long-tag in qaac? (Read 2466 times) previous topic - next topic

How-to include a double quote in a long-tag in qaac?

Does anyone know how to include one double quote into a --long-tag setting in qaac64. I can get two double quotes if I precede each quote with a backslash but that solution doesn't work when I only need a one double quote.

For example:

qaac64 --long-tag "TITLE:How Deep Is Your Love (from \"Saturday Night Fever\")" ....., works

but

qaac64 --long-tag "ALBUM:12\″80s"....., doesn't work.

Re: How-to include a double quote in a long-tag in qaac?

Reply #1
You have \″, not \" in the second tag. Maybe that's the problem.

Reply #2
You have \″, not \" in the second tag. Maybe that's the problem.
So using my example how would you construct the command to get one double quote in the ALBUM tag?

Reply #3
I would guess you need to either remove the \ in front of the fancy quotation mark (U+201D) or replace the fancy quotation mark with a plain quotation mark (U+0022).

Reply #4
--long-tag "ALBUM:12\"80s"
or
--long-tag "ALBUM:12""80s"