Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is there any way to play encryted zip file? (Read 6263 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there any way to play encryted zip file?

how to set Foobar to let
encryted zip file be played without unzipping?
(esp. zipped bu winzip10 256K encyrtion)

Reply #1
Wouldn't it be inconvenient to have to enter the key for each zip on playback?
Why do you have your music in encrypted files anyway?

What you are asking is AFAIK not possible and probably won't be.

Reply #2
really?
then is it possible to make an extension to play it easily?

Reply #3
a popup dialog querying for the password would be annoying but really it's like it's too hard to say cache it for the currently running instance of the player so that it would only need to be asked for once. an expansion of that option is to have the list stored (most likely encypted as well).

there's other possible ways of doing it which wouldn't cause too much impact on usability i feel but that's just how i see it from my own work with such things

-daz

Reply #4
a popup dialog querying for the password would be annoying but really it's like it's too hard to say cache it for the currently running instance of the player so that it would only need to be asked for once. an expansion of that option is to have the list stored (most likely encypted as well).

there's other possible ways of doing it which wouldn't cause too much impact on usability i feel but that's just how i see it from my own work with such things

-daz
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352638"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

so, will u work on it?

Reply #5
Would it be such a bother for you to unzip the files, and then rezip them back without any password?
Why do you have it passworded in the first place anyway?

Reply #6
Would it be such a bother for you to unzip the files, and then rezip them back without any password?
Why do you have it passworded in the first place anyway?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352653"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

if i burnt it into cdr and i want to read it directly,
so...

Reply #7
well that's a reason why

omg: i can't since i have very little knowledge of the foobar component api (and too much backlog of my own stuff with another player) and i have a feeling what you're looking for needs to be implemented directly in foo_unpack (which appears to be a closed component) so unless the devs do it you're basically screwed from what i can tell

-daz

Reply #8
Why do you have it passworded in the first place anyway?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352653"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

if i burnt it into cdr and i want to read it directly,
so...[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352724"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So...why do you have it passworded in the first place?

Anyway, like DrO said, it's pretty much handled by foo_unpack module.
Unless the devs want to make the changes or someone just have the time to make an independent module, you're out of luck.

Reply #9
Yes, cache the list. In memory and in the configuration file. Encrypted using another password that you have to type with some regularity, or cache in some equally unsafe manner. Sounds terribly useful. Let's not forget potential export restrictions on using any strong encryption code.

Reply #10
anyway
thx for all your help~