Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Using foobar2000 with a Sansa Clip+ (Read 4019 times) previous topic - next topic

Using foobar2000 with a Sansa Clip+

From some searching around on these forums, the general consensus seems to be that it functions well enough using Folder Operations. When looking into that, it says to select it as an option when installing foobar, which I did not do. My question is if I reinstall to get Folder Operations, will I lose my current library/playlists?

In addition, just to be sure, is FO the preferred method of using foobar with a Sansa device?

Reply #1
You only lose the information in your foobar2000 profile if you specifically remove it. You can just rerun the installer to select the component again.

Do not attempt to "uninstall" or anything similar, just run the installer again.
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #2
From some searching around on these forums, the general consensus seems to be that it functions well enough using Folder Operations. When looking into that, it says to select it as an option when installing foobar, which I did not do. My question is if I reinstall to get Folder Operations, will I lose my current library/playlists?

In addition, just to be sure, is FO the preferred method of using foobar with a Sansa device?

You must mean "File Operations" ... you can re-run the installation and select to enable file operations without losing any of your current settings -- your library and playlists will remain.

For your second question, I am not sure if it is the preferred method or not, but I have a Clip Zip and I use file operations to copy music to my Sansa in MSC mode (it will not work in MTP).

The file operations component is handy for all sorts of things... copy/move/rename. I use Magnatune and do not like the filename convention used on that site for the flac files I download from there so I use the rename function frequently.

Good luck!