Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Setting delay time between playing sound-files in list (Read 1994 times) previous topic - next topic

Setting delay time between playing sound-files in list

Dear,

For years foobar2000 is my favourite audio-player. It's very handy I can select a whole bunch of sound-files in Windows Explorer and play them all in foobar2000, which starts in a fraction of time.

Ocasionally I need to listen to audio-files containing sound FX or samples from music studio software. The duration of those files can be very short. When the files are played directly after eachother I cannot deduce what those sounds are like. I would be very useful for me to set a delay time between the files playing after eachter, for example one second.

Is there a way to do this? Can I find somewhere a plugin working with foobar2000 which can add the feature I need for this?

Regards

Michael

Re: Setting delay time between playing sound-files in list

Reply #1
Should be doable with this.

Reply #2
Thank you very much!

Reply #3
Should be doable with this.
I'm affraid it doesn't work on my computer. I recieve the next error message: Failed to load DLL: foo_dsp_silence.dll
Reason: This component is missing a required dependency, or was made for different version of foobar2000

I have the latest version of foobar2000 installed

Reply #4
The component appears to be compiled with dynamic C-runtime linking. It requires installing VC_redist.x86 on foobar2000 v1.3.17 and older.

Reply #5
Now there's another option. If you update to foobar2000 v1.4 beta the component works directly.

Reply #6
Now there's another option. If you update to foobar2000 v1.4 beta the component works directly.
Sorry for the delay. (Very busy because I have to make preparations to reinstall Windows and it's software. That also includes foobar2000 and its components.) However thank you for replying.

Is that beta version stable enough or do you recommend the first option?

Reply #7
Betas are generally stable. Usually they only have problems found with more exotic usage. Anyone able should run them to get the future final release version as bugless as possible.

Currently only known problems with the beta 1 are accessibility issues for blind users and playback position changing when tagging a file that is currently playing.