Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: fb2k V1.6: Output setting for WASAPI Shared? (Read 1047 times) previous topic - next topic

fb2k V1.6: Output setting for WASAPI Shared?

I run fb2k via SPDIF output and in order to avoid the SPDIF to switch off between the tracks I run SoundKeeper on my PC. This requires WASAPI Shared, so so far I’ve been using the wasapis component.
I was expecting not to need wasapis anymore with fb2k V1.6, since now WASAPI Shared is default.
My question: With which output setting do I get WASAPI Shared? If I run the old WASAPI 3.3 component, this is still Exclusive Mode (at least SoundKeeper doesn’t work in this combination).
Or do I just select “Primary Sound Device” (without “WASAPI”-preset)? I’m wondering, because with this setting I can control the volume in the Volume Mixer, which normally I can’t in WASAPI mode.

Re: fb2k V1.6: Output setting for WASAPI Shared?

Reply #1
Wasapi Shared = Default: (name of your soundcard/DAC)
Wasapi (Event) (Push) = Exclusive mode

Default: Primary sound driver = I guess it is same wasapi shared but uses output that is set to be default in windows audio settings
Somewhere, there's someone dying in a foreign land
Meanwhile, the world is crying stupidity of man
Tell me why, tell me why

Re: fb2k V1.6: Output setting for WASAPI Shared?

Reply #2
Thanks Vicas!