Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Exclusive control (Read 854 times) previous topic - next topic

Exclusive control

Not sure what's going on with my ASIO playback.  I was glad to see that I ASIO mode had exclusive control in version 1.6.6.  But then in the 1.6.7 betas, that was only true for beta 2.  Gone again now with beta 3.  By which I mean, for example: I have something playing in ASIO mode in Foobar, and then I bring up something in a browser, a Youtube video, say, or bring up my tv tuner card in MediaPortal, and the audio for those other applications comes through.  No such audio was coming through in versions 1.6.6 or 1.6.7 beta 2.

Running Windows 10 Home, EVGA Nu Audio card, with its drivers.  "Exclusive mode" settings checked in Windows sound settings.  Nu Audio software shows "ASIO active" in all cases.

Anyone know what's happening?   Thanks very much.   N.

Re: Exclusive control

Reply #1
Try again 1.6.6. Your problem should not be connected with foobar2000. This is how you ASIO driver works.

Exclusive mode in windows settings is not affecting ASIO.

Re: Exclusive control

Reply #2
Thanks.  Yes, I thought of reverting to 1.6.6, but I get this warning about losing settings.  I've never gone backwards, in more than ten years as a happy Foobar user.  If anyone knows, am I going to lose all of my settings?