Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "CHN" FLAC file? (Read 1050 times) previous topic - next topic

"CHN" FLAC file?

Hello. I bought a FLAC file from Chandos that, of course, won't play or load on Windows Media Player, so I've come here. I have a Dell laptop with Windows 10. The file has a CHN extension and I have no idea what this means. I've downloaded the file three times on my laptop and each time it appears on the desktop with a strange identification that seems to have no meaning; I've included an example below. I've also tried to find an appropriate CODEC to allow me to convert the file to something that can be played by WMP, with no luck. Can someone please explain to me, in language fit for a six-year-old, how to get this music file to play on my PC? Actually, better make it language fit for a 70-year-old, because a six-year-old would probably be able to pull this off in an instant. Thanks.

Re: "CHN" FLAC file?

Reply #1
How big is that file?    i.e.    Is it "small" or is it large enough to be actually contain the FLAC?

I found this page which seems to suggest it's just a link/pointer to the actual download file.

Re: "CHN" FLAC file?

Reply #2
My hero! Thanks and have a great day.