Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: rating tracks? (Read 2221 times) previous topic - next topic

rating tracks?

Hi all!

I have been using foobar for a few weeks now and am slowly discovering the sheer endless options and possibilities and recently found out about formatting strings and am quite happy with the "dynamic" (thanks upNorth!). The new version supports "stars" as rating and this is where I started wondering and searching for options how to rate tracks.
I could not find any in foobar so I searched here, didn't find anything telling me how to rate tracks.

Maybe this is too obvious and I am just blind. I don't know. 
Maybe I need a plugin or summat?

Thanks for any pointers
Cheers
Eke

rating tracks?

Reply #1
it's quite simple:

just add a "TRACKRATING"-Tag.

Possible values are 0,1,2.

You get more information from the readme file.

[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']
Foobar2000 formatting: Readme file for dynamic
Important: You will need foobar v0.7 to use this formatting!

***UPDATES***
02.Nov 2003: New trackrating system. See Config Area. Default setting is backwards compatible.
01.Nov 2003: Changes affects: Audio CDs and the way 'Various Artists' albums are

recognised. Small change in 'Main Window title' formatting (shows genre and trackrating)
28.Oct 2003: Codec/bitrate fix.
25.Oct 2003: Changed the way the %bonustrack% tag is displayed.
21.Oct 2003: Fixed bitrate display for MPC.
13.Oct 2003: Added support for the %bonustrack% tag that is used in "hybrid".
Guess tracknumber in album mode is now enabled by default.
09.Oct 2003: Force single mode for certain tabs.
Customizable indicators for VA, singles and tabs (last part of config area).
26.sept 2003: 3-digit tracknumber support added.
23.sept 2003: Display fix for codec info.

---Features:---
*Two modes (Album and Single).
*True hybrid mode. Single mode can be used for singles in album mode (see the first 8 tracks in the screenshot).
*Two color schemes. One blue and one close to the one used in my 'hybrid' formatting.
*Trackrating. Just a simple rating I use to spot my favourite tracks easier.
*Guessing artist and title from filename and directories if there is no tag.
*Try to extract tracknumber from filename if the tag is missing. This is only done if %artist%, %title% and %album% tags are present to identify albums in album mode. (Enabled by default)
*Dynamic display. Appearance and content can be customized in the config area at the beginning of the code.
*Various artists albums will be recognised if any of these three strings (without quotes) exists in the names of the two closest direcories: 'VA - ', 'v.A.' or 'Various Artists'. Not case-sensitive. (One of the strings that is looked for can be customized in the config area)
*Tracks will be treated as singeltracks if the name of the directory contains either '=SINGLES=' or '=S=' (Also without quotes, and not sensitive)
*If tracknumber are xx/xx tracknumbers are used to identify the first and the last track in album mode.
*Touch up features to make things look better.
*Force single mode for certain tabs/playlist names.
Make sure you have a look at the config area to turn features/info on and off and change the appearance. Some features are turned off by default.

---Supported tags---
%artist%
%title%
%album%
%tracknumber% (# or #/# or ##)
%faketracknr% (same as tracknumber, but higher priority)
%various% (e.g. 'yes')f
%performer%
%album artist%
%lasttrack% (e.g. 'yes')
%singletrack% (e.g. 'yes')
%LTA% (Leave Tile Alone - used to disable coloring of parenthesis (in title) for a particular track)
%trackrating% (0,1,2)
%cd% (#)
%disc% (#)
%discname%
%comment%
%date%
%year%
%albumdate%
%bonustrack% (will display *Bonustrack* after title if the tag is present)

---Colors---
Playlist text color: 255,255,255
Playlist background color: 0,0,25
Playlist selection color: 18,24,48
Selected item frame: 47,63,128
[/span]

rating tracks?

Reply #2
Thanks!

RTFM! Doh! Why do I feel sheepish now?

Ok, so I was looking at the wrong end! I was assuming it's a foobar database thingy and not tag related. I think I read somewhere (on this board even? my addled brain will not let me specify this any closer) that storing ratings in tags is a No No Boo Boo.

Eke.