Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: REQUEST: Modified build of TCPMP 0.72RC1 (Read 2675 times) previous topic - next topic

REQUEST: Modified build of TCPMP 0.72RC1

I know this is an odd request, but would someone who has an existing knowledge of TCPMP, and the ability to do what should (I hope) be a simple modification of the player itself, be willing to attempt something for me?

Briefly, here is the situation:
  • I "Convert to Album Images with Cuesheets or Chapters" in foobar2000 using Nero Digital™ Audio+ 1.1.34.0 (see the actual settings, below) and add album art using neroAacTag.
  • I play these albums using TCPMP 0.72RC1 (from this site ... which also includes GPL Source Code) in my Palm OS-based Treo 680.
  • Since the title tag is not consistent throughout the album, TCPMP displays only the artist name in the header bar.
  • If the artist tag also shifts throughout the album (such as with a various artists compilation), TCPMP only displays the filename.

Rather than attempting to display TITLE - ARTIST, I would really love it if TCPMP could display CHAPTERNAME - ARTIST.

I know the Windows CE/Smartphone version of TCPMP is able to read the actual chapter names, and display them in a "Chapters" submenu. The Palm version is correctly accessing the chapter stops, and seems to have some code in place for reading chapter data (in a hex-editor I found "CHAPTER%02dNAME"), but I haven't figured out how to juggle the strings around to get the desired result. 

If anyone would be willing and able to compile the version for Palm OS with those modifications, it would be most appreciated! I already have all the plugins necessary for my media. Thank you, if you are even considering giving it a shot.

- M.

Here are the neroAacEnc settings I am using for TCPMP:
  • Encoder: codecs\neroAacEnc.exe
  • Extension: m4a
  • Parameters: -ignorelength -cbr 61000 -if - -of %d ("61000" is specified to get a consistent 64kbps, since "64000" yields 67kbps)
  • Format is: lossy
  • Highest BPS mode supported: 32
Here are the neroAacTag settings I am using for TCPMP:
  • FOR %%f IN (*.m4a) DO neroaactag.exe "%%f" -add-cover:front:"%%~nf.jpg" (with the *.jpg filename being identical to the *.m4a filename, and both files placed in the same directory)