Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Curaçao by Br3tt (Read 332750 times) previous topic - next topic

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #450

I've noticed that I can slightly improve smoothness when scrolling by reducing the size of teh background image (wallpaper.jpg). I think originally it's 300KB, but I used Photoshop to reduce it (save for web and devices option) down to around 48KB!
It's improved smoothness in scrolling in the playlist for me. Could anybody else verify this for me?

tested, it's false... i have scrolled down a full playlist of 630 tracks with a background image very huge (~5Mb), it takes 22,6 seconds to reach the bottom with key down pressed. After converting the image to 186 Kb, same result : 22,6 seconds.

Ah, too bad... I guess it just felt faster. Hopefully there's something we can still find to improve scroll speed!

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #451

I've noticed that I can slightly improve smoothness when scrolling by reducing the size of teh background image (wallpaper.jpg). I think originally it's 300KB, but I used Photoshop to reduce it (save for web and devices option) down to around 48KB!
It's improved smoothness in scrolling in the playlist for me. Could anybody else verify this for me?

tested, it's false... i have scrolled down a full playlist of 630 tracks with a background image very huge (~5Mb), it takes 22,6 seconds to reach the bottom with key down pressed. After converting the image to 186 Kb, same result : 22,6 seconds.

Ah, too bad... I guess it just felt faster. Hopefully there's something we can still find to improve scroll speed!

... a recent CPU ?

====> [ ]

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #452
Hi Br3tt,

I put an additional panel with Playlist Tree Mod and Playlist Tree Mod Search

But the search don't work - I push enter but nothing happens. It only works if I do it with Dockable Panels.

Do you know why?

thx in advance

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #453
Is there a way to close the lyrics box by default?

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #454
Thanks! That's a wonderful config! Thanks for sharing this one with us.

The only problem for now is that the config does not show the album art. It always shows the default album art picture. Both in the top left pane and the ALB pane with current albums in the list show at the bottom.

The code for the top left pane to display the album art I believe is
Code: [Select]
$puts(cover.path,$directory_path(%path%)\folder.jpg)
$puts(artist.path,'C:/Program Files (x86)/foobar2000/artist/'%artist%'.jpg')

The code for the ALB pane at the bottom is
$puts(cover.path,$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,folder.jpg))
$puts(artist.path,'C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\artist\'%artist%'.jpg')

Both as I said show the default album art only no matter if I have *.folder*.jpg file in the folder with audio files I play or not.

However, I know that the code for the Popup Plus panel works perfectly. It always shows the album art with the picture that resides in the same folder as the audio file.
The code for the PopUpPlus panel is

$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,*front.jpg)
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,*.jpg)
$replace($replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,),%directoryname%\,*front.jpg)
$replace($replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,),%directoryname%\,*.jpg)

Could you please help me understand how do I change the code for the top left pane Uand the ALB pane to work the same way as the PopUpPlus does?

Could you please provide the proper code to render the album art the same way the PopUpPlus component does? Pleeeaase, it sooo disappointing to see album art not displaying in the foobar window when Popupplus just does it well.
I believe I would just slightly change these lines in config. But how?

Thank you.

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #455
Thanks! That's a wonderful config! Thanks for sharing this one with us.

The only problem for now is that the config does not show the album art. It always shows the default album art picture. Both in the top left pane and the ALB pane with current albums in the list show at the bottom.

The code for the top left pane to display the album art I believe is
$puts(cover.path,$directory_path(%path%)\folder.jpg)
$puts(artist.path,'C:/Program Files (x86)/foobar2000/artist/'%artist%'.jpg')

The code for the ALB pane at the bottom is
$puts(cover.path,$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,folder.jpg))
$puts(artist.path,'C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\artist\'%artist%'.jpg')

Both as I said show the default album art only no matter if I have *.folder*.jpg file in the folder with audio files I play or not.

However, I know that the code for the Popup Plus panel works perfectly. It always shows the album art with the picture that resides in the same folder as the audio file.
The code for the PopUpPlus panel is

$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,*front.jpg)
$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,*.jpg)
$replace($replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,),%directoryname%\,*front.jpg)
$replace($replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,),%directoryname%\,*.jpg)

Could you please help me understand how do I change the code for the top left pane Uand the ALB pane to work the same way as the PopUpPlus does?

Could you please provide the proper code to render the album art the same way the PopUpPlus component does? Pleeeaase, it sooo disappointing to see album art not displaying in the foobar window when Popupplus just does it well.
I believe I would just slightly change these lines in config. But how?

Thank you.

i may be worng, but i think if your album arts have completly random names, there is no solution, as *.jpg doesn't work.

if you have different names, two or more different filenames for album arts, like cover.jpg or front.jpg, you can use them both, using $findfile
for example
$if($findfile(folder.jpg),$puts(cover.path,$directory_path(%path%)\cover.jpg),$puts(cover.path,$directory_path(%path%)\folder.jpg))

but your filenames have to be conform to a spefic foramt scheme, otherwise i see no possibilty

but i guess there are effective ways for mass renameing, just google for "batch rename"

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #456
sorry, i was wrong.
$findfile works different from what i thought

this code should do it:
$puts(cover.path,$findfile($replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,*.jpg)

it searches your folder for any jpg files and shows you the first found.

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #457
thanx for the tips on $findfile()

btw, the right syntax for your example is :

$puts(cover.path,$findfile($replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,*.jpg)))

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #458
How can I disable playback statistics?

but still (after 60 seconds)

I tried to remove foo_playback_custom but no luck.

Also another question. VA albums are sorted like this

Why cant they be sorted like normal albums?

Thanks.

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #459
1. Hmm, do have also official Playback Statistics (foo_playcount)?

2. You need an entry in the %album artist% Tag, eg. Various Artist. Look at ELPSettings-->Grouping-->Group Format there is the query for grouping.

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #460
Thanks man.

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #461
Thanks for all this info! I do have a couple questions tho...

1) Is there any way I can rate songs without having the file itself updated? That is, I would like to use the rating tool in Curacao (the 5 stars + the "heart") but I don't want the "Date Modified" for my files to change. Can the ratings be redirected to a database instead, such as foo_custominfo? Does the rating have to be updated within the file itself? Also, are there any settings for the rating system? I don't see a component or anything under Preferences to modify the song rating tool. I have both foo_playcount.dll and foo_playback_custom.dll installed, but only see options for Playback Statistics Custom in Preferences, and these all deal with playback stats, not ratings. I do have these set to save their stats in foo_custominfo database, so as long as I don't rate a song, the Date Modified does not change. Once I rate a song, however, the Date Modified updates to that date/time. Should I remove foo_playcount.dll?

2) I am using Curacao Tweaked and have ELPlaylist working with the *.jpg wildcard for album art. However, the "ALB." album "chronflow" at the bottom and the large album art above the lyrics section still don't work with *.jpg. Has anyone been able to figure out how to get these two working with JPG's named something other than folder.jpg or cover.jpg? Here is what the original Curacao Tweaked has for each:

Large Album Art Splitter above Lyrics:
$if($findfile($directory_path(%path%)\$replace(%directoryname%,",,?,,*,.,/,).jpg),
$puts(cover.path,$directory_path(%path%)\$replace(%directoryname%,",,?,,*,.,/,).jpg),
$if($findfile($directory_path(%path%)\folder.jpg),
$puts(cover.path,$directory_path(%path%)\folder.jpg),
$puts(cover.path,$directory_path(%path%)\cover.jpg)))

ALB Album chronflow-type splitter at bottom:
$puts(cover.path,$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,$replace(%directoryname%,",,?,,*,.,/,).jpg))
$puts(cover.path1,$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,folder.jpg))
$puts(cover.path2,$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,cover.jpg))
$puts(playIcon,$get(foo_path)'images/play.png')

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #462
1. No, you don't have to remove foo_playcount. The following code is for the official Playback Statistics, I don't know how it will interact with Playback Statistics Custom.

Rightclick on the stars at the left--->Settings - look at the code and replace the according part. Ratings are only written in Database then (foo_playcount). But this doesn't work with Skip and Mood cause these can only write tags.
    $if(%_isplaying%,
        $ifequal($get(rating),5,
            $button($get(rate.x),$get(rate.y),0,0,13,14,$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r'$get(rating)'.png',$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r5x.png',<not set>,TOOLTIP:"Reset")
            $button($get(rate.x),$get(rate.y),0,0,13,14,$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r'$get(rating)'.png',$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r5.png',5,TOOLTIP:"Average")
        )
        $ifequal($get(rating),4,
            $button($get(rate.x),$get(rate.y),0,14,13,14,$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r'$get(rating)'.png',$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r4x.png',<not set>,TOOLTIP:"Reset")
            $button($get(rate.x),$get(rate.y),0,14,13,14,$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r'$get(rating)'.png',$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r4.png',4,TOOLTIP:"Good")
        )
        $ifequal($get(rating),3,
            $button($get(rate.x),$get(rate.y),0,28,13,14,$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r'$get(rating)'.png',$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r3x.png',<not set>,TOOLTIP:"Reset")
            $button($get(rate.x),$get(rate.y),0,28,13,14,$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r'$get(rating)'.png',$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r3.png',3,TOOLTIP:"Very Good")
        )
        $ifequal($get(rating),2,
            $button($get(rate.x),$get(rate.y),0,42,13,14,$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r'$get(rating)'.png',$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r2x.png',<not set>,TOOLTIP:"Reset")
            $button($get(rate.x),$get(rate.y),0,42,13,14,$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r'$get(rating)'.png',$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r2.png',2,TOOLTIP:"Excellent")
        )
        $ifequal($get(rating),1,
            $button($get(rate.x),$get(rate.y),0,56,13,14,$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r'$get(rating)'.png',$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r1x.png',<not set>,TOOLTIP:"Reset")
            $button($get(rate.x),$get(rate.y),0,56,13,14,$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r'$get(rating)'.png',$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r1.png',1,TOOLTIP:"MegaHit")
        )
      )

$puts(rate.x,2)
      $puts(rate.y,$sub(%_height%,70))

$if(%isplaying%,

$button($get(rate.x),$get(rate.y),0,0,13,14,$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/_r'$get(rating)'.png',$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r5.png',5,TOOLTIP:"Average")

$button($get(rate.x),$get(rate.y),0,14,13,14,$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/_r'$get(rating)'.png',$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r4.png',4,TOOLTIP:"Good")

$button($get(rate.x),$get(rate.y),0,28,13,14,$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/_r'$get(rating)'.png',$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r3.png',3,TOOLTIP:"Very Good")

$button($get(rate.x),$get(rate.y),0,42,13,14,$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/_r'$get(rating)'.png',$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r2.png',2,TOOLTIP:"Excellent")

$button($get(rate.x),$get(rate.y),0,56,13,14,$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/_r'$get(rating)'.png',$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/r1.png',1,TOOLTIP:"MegaHit")

$imageabs2(0,0,0,0,0,0,$get(rate.x),$get(rate.y),$get(foo_path)'images/'$get(config_name)'/rating/set2/_r0.png',alpha-255)

)

)

)

// ----------------------------
    // .fin --- Rating System
    //

Btw, I have to beg pardon to Br3tt. I'm also using the tags for ratings now. *be ashamed*

2. Have a look at the posts above yours.

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #463
How can I disable playback statistics?

but still (after 60 seconds)

I have a similar problem. I set playback statistics to "Update when playback percentage is 50%". After selecting it, it works fine.
But every time foobar is restarted playcount updates after 60 seconds, the setting is the same, though.

Would be glad for any suggestions.

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #465
I have some things I want to change on my curacao config. I made a screenie

[a href="http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ttttcn5.jpg" target="_blank"]

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #466
1. Rightclick Scrollbarbutton--->Splittersettings--->look at picture

2. Graphical Browser is only working with playlists, afaik.

3. Like answer #2. It's not possible only showing playlists entries with album tag

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #468
3. Like answer #2. It's not possible only showing playlists entries with album tag

false, it's possible to skip the display of singles in graphical browser ,
group order is to set for

example, if singles are files which the tag %album% is empty (my case), set the GROUP by in GB settings like this ...

$if2(%album%,@skip)

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #470
Thanks for all the help Falstaff and Mr. Jackson 

That really helped me! Everything looks really good now 

One thing though, my Group-Code for Album-Graphical Browser looks like that:

$if($or($strstr(%genre%,'Tribute'),$and($strstr(%comment%,'Tribute'),stricmp(%album artist%,%artist%))),$swapprefix($replace(%original artist%,'Ä','Ae','ä','ae','Ö','Oe','ö','oe','Ü','Ue','ü','ue'),The,Die),$swapprefix($replace(%album artist%,'Ä','Ae','ä','ae','Ö','Oe','ö','oe','Ü','Ue','ü','ue'),The,Die))- $if2(%album%, Single)

Now I tried to just replace the last fragment... "$if2(%album%, Single)" to "$if2(%album%,@skip)"

but that didn't work (only @skip appeared below each single...) I had to delete all other code to to make it work, so now only "$if2(%album%,@skip)" is there.

Any chance to make it work with the above code too? Oh and now theres one big album @skip displayed which contain all my singles - this isn't a bad thing but I would like to get rid of that album or rename it.

[a href="http://imageshack.us" target="_blank"]

Here's my current code:
$if($or($strstr(%genre%,'Tribute'),$and($strstr(%comment%,'Tribute'),$not($stricmp(%album artist%,%artist%)))),$swapprefix($replace(%original artist%,'Ä','Ae','ä','ae','Ö','Oe','ö','oe','Ü','Ue','ü','ue'),The,Die),$swapprefix($replace(%album artist%,'Ä','Ae','ä','ae','Ö','Oe','ö','oe','Ü','Ue','ü','ue'),The,Die)) - $if($stricmp(%album artist%,%artist%),$if2(%release date%,%date%),) - %album% - %discnumber% - %tracknumber% - %title%

Anyone knows what to change to make it look right?

Thanks again for all help!

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #471
Hi El Noire,

I'm not sure if I understand you properly.

1. Album-Graphical Browser

I don't know how you got the text in the cover display, but with the following code no-album-cover-skipping works.

$if(%album%,$if($or($strstr(%genre%,'Tribute'),$and($strstr(%comment%,'Tribute'),stricmp(%album artist%,%artist%))),$swapprefix($replace(%original artist%,'Ä','Ae','ä','ae','Ö','Oe','ö','oe','Ü','Ue','ü','ue'),The,Die)%album%,$swapprefix($replace(%album artist%,'Ä','Ae','ä','ae','Ö','Oe','ö','oe','Ü','Ue','ü','ue'),The,Die)%album%),@skip)

Grouping scheme: if album--->original artist-album/album artist-album--->else skip cover

2.???

I don't understand for what this code is for, album-gb or artist-gb?

But nevertheless it's clear you'll get separate albums if you are sorting by original artist/album artist and album and you don't have "Various Artist" set to the album artist tag to keep the album together.

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #472
Thanks for the info on updating the rating system - worked great!

2. Have a look at the posts above yours.

I took a look at the posts above regarding using wildcards for JPG album art, but each time I add the below code, the entire theme goes black!

I am trying to add the above code to the large album art splitter in Curacao Tweaked, which uses this code:

$if($findfile($directory_path(%path%)\$replace(%directoryname%,",,?,,*,.,/,).jpg),
$puts(cover.path,$directory_path(%path%)\$replace(%directoryname%,",,?,,*,.,/,).jpg),
$if($findfile($directory_path(%path%)\folder.jpg),
$puts(cover.path,$directory_path(%path%)\folder.jpg),
$puts(cover.path,$directory_path(%path%)\cover.jpg)))

If I try to replace any/all of those lines, I get a black Foobar theme... I have my theme set to use the same background wallpaper no matter what album art is being used... I also haven't been able to get wildcards working with the album art "chronflow" splitter, which uses:

$puts(cover.path,$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,$replace(%directoryname%,",,?,,*,.,/,).jpg))
$puts(cover.path1,$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,folder.jpg))
$puts(cover.path2,$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,cover.jpg))
$puts(playIcon,$get(foo_path)'images/play.png')

Where do I need to place the *.jpg line of code to get these two working with my album art that is named something other than folder.jpg or cover.jpg? Sorry if these are dumb questions... Thanks for your help.

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #473
I took a look at the posts above regarding using wildcards for JPG album art, but each time I add the below code, the entire theme goes black!

I am trying to add the above code to the large album art splitter in Curacao Tweaked, which uses this code:

Hmmmm, works perfectly for me.

But it didn't work for the Album GB.

Sorry that I couldn't help you.

Curaçao by Br3tt

Reply #474
@ bubi jackson

Wow I didn't know about the %album artist% tag! (It's the BAND-field in Mp3Tag) Problem solved, everything's great and I'm happy! Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it! If I were a girl I would offer you a date lol