Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Are these speakers any good? (Read 7201 times) previous topic - next topic

Are these speakers any good?

Hello there,

has anyone had any experience with these speakers? I'm planning to buy a set, but I'd like to hear some opinions first.

Thank you for your time.

Reply #1
I haven't heard those speakers.

All different speakers sound different, and if you are going to be picky about the sound, it's best if find a store and listen before buying.    If that's not possible, then you need to accept the fact that you won't know what they sound like until you receive them.   

I'm sure those speakers are fine for their price range.  I'm sure they sound awesome compared to built-in laptop speakers.  I'm sure they sound terrible compared to studio monitors or good hi-fi/home theater speakers...

Reply #2
Unfortunately, I do not have the money to afford anything better (I sometimes wish I weren't only 17…) — thing is, I currently own a rather shabby set of MS Industrial ML-380 speakers (is that even a brand…?) that came along with my PC back in 2007, I think.

As a matter of fact, I don't know if buying anything else is going to be worth the money. Guess I'll have to try it out first, as you suggested. Thanks.

Reply #3
A good headphone would be an option, too. You can get proper ones from 20 € up.

Reply #4
Over here (NL) your proposed speakers would cost you around 100US. For that kind of cash I'd strongly suggest you visit a thriftstore or two and get yourself a decent pair of two way Wharfdales, maybe Missions or my personal favorite Celestions (DL8 series two baby) that were made say 20, 25 odd years ago. You know, before the onset of the plastic fantastic mindset. Well you would not I suppose but it is not too late. They are around. Total outlay say 30 bucks, that would leave you 70US to get a decent amp like for instance an older Rotel receiver build in the seventies or early eighties. BX203 and up anyone? Don't let the looks fool you, those are very good amps and they pack a huge punch watt for watt. The great (and oversized) power supply gives a lot of controlled bass too. No remote, who cares. There would even be some cash left to get yourself a nice interlink like Oehlbach NF1 and if you need one (I don't know what kind of connections your pc has to offer) an adapter to boot. You'd have some cleaning to do but you'd end up miles ahead of what it is you are proposing. Did you know Cat5 (ethernet cable) makes great hook up wire? I registered over here because I'd like to prevent you from falling in the logitech trap.

Reply #5
Headphones are a good suggestion if you want the best sound for the money.  You can get good headphones starting around $100 USD.  And, can get very good "audiophile" headphones for "only" a few-hundred U.S. dollars.  The people who buy these high-end headphones often spend thousands on speakers. 

You might not want to buy headphones right now, but if you want to "step-up" to higher-quality audio in the future, a good pair of headphones is a good place to start.  If you search the forum for "headphones", you'll find some good recommendations here.    GoodCans.com has recommendations in various price ranges.  But again, it's best if you can listen for yourself.

Unfortunately, I do not have the money to afford anything better (I" sometimes wish I weren't only 17…) —
You know...  Almost everybody has a limited budget, and someday you will have more to spend.  But, if you are really into good audio you will almost always want something better than you can afford.    Very few people can afford Wislons 

The good news is that it's really only SPEAKERS (or headphones) that matter (and a big enough amp to power them*).    i.e. If you find someone with a really good home theater system and plug-in your iPod, it will sound GREAT!

*Of course, most "computer speakers" are "powered" (AKA "active") so you don't need a separate amp.

Reply #6
The logitech speakers have a good reputation for providing good "blasting bass".
Gamers would enjoy them.
I  have two set of "relatively" expensive speakers (audioengine a2, fx6021), and for both I  prefer my old , "regular" hifi gear (jvc).

Reply #8
oh boy, there really is no limit to bad taste in design 
http://www.wilsonaudio.com/images/product_maxx2a.jpg
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #9
I've just bought some of these: http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Search/searc...REATIVE+T10.htm

Very happy with the sound considering the small size. Alternatively you could consider the Creative T20: Amazon. Personally, I avoid 2.1 systems because the bass never sounds right to my ears. Too boomy.

I got cheap creative speakers that I liked a lot (i-trigue 2200).  Unfortunately built quality was not good.
Forget it if you are looking for bass, but they deliver a crisp , pleasing sound.