Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ogg Lancer rearranges files in folder while encoding (Read 5217 times) previous topic - next topic

Ogg Lancer rearranges files in folder while encoding

I am using Oggdrop Lancer to encode some files into Vorbis. I have the "delete files after encoding" option marked, but the program shifts the running order of cd's and puts them into alphabetical order instead.

I looked under the options in Lancer and couldn't find a way to fix this. Am I missing something, or is there a way to retain correct song order using this process and program?

Thanks,

Metranil

Reply #1
What? It changes the filenames? For example if you have "01 - One.wav" it encodes it into "02 - One.ogg" or something?

Reply #2
What? It changes the filenames? For example if you have "01 - One.wav" it encodes it into "02 - One.ogg" or something?

No. EAC rips the tracks from the CD in proper order. But when Lancer encodes them and replaces the originals in the file folder, it places them in alphabetical order. There are no 01 or 02 numbers involved, I'm getting my tracklisting from freedb which just has the track names.

For instance, let's suppose a CD had three songs on it: C, A, B (in that order.) After Lancer is done encoding, the ogg tracks "replace/overwrite" the original WAVs, but in this order: A, B, C. Get it?

Perhaps this is an EAC issue? Perhaps I can rip them with track numbers attached...

Reply #3
Uhm, Windows Explorer sorts by filename.

The ONLY way to force Windows to list contents of directories the way you like is to place track numbers in front. Lancer has no way of controlling the list's order in explorer.

Edit: EAC can automatically put the track numbers in front. Or, you can do it later to any file you want with a very simple foobar2000 script as long as the ogg files have the track number in their tags.

Reply #4
Actually, explorer can sort by tags.  They might have to be idv3 though.
地獄

Reply #5
i don't get how you expect them to be organized ???

that's what numbers are for

helllooooooo