Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [0.9]Rating with Masstagger (Read 51109 times) previous topic - next topic

[0.9]Rating with Masstagger

Reply #50
just a quick noob question....how do exactly dispay the rating in playlist view?

Same as other fields (%artist%, %title%) ...!! -Simply set up a new Column with %rating% to display ...!!
Or u can put there a little code
Code: [Select]
$rgb(144,144,144,144,144,144)$repeat(?,%rating%)
$rgb(208,208,208,208,208,208)$repeat(?,$sub(5,%rating%))

O'course, the File has to have allready a Tag-Field named "Rating", to get it displayed ...

Reply #51
okay i've pretty much figured how to display them properly >< but one little gripe, when i add a rating say from a keyboard shortcut, my playlist will select the first track i have. so if i want to add a rating to track 13, after i press the shortcut, the playlist will scroll to the top and select track 1. is this normal?

Reply #52
What font do use to get the stars to show up in the script window?
all I get is: ?

The stars do show up in playlist view however, thanks for the code!

Reply #53
Of course there is! Just create a new script, that sets rating to 5! After that you can assign a shortcut (win + f12) to this script.
If you don't succeed, I could make you the script. Just triy it yourself - it isn't that hard.

i've tried and scripting just isn't anything i am good at.

Reply #54
Is there any way to get the keyboard shortcut to target the now playing item. It works fine using buttons but not shortcuts.
The original script in this thread targets the now playing item just fine.. how?? :x

Reply #55
I couldn't download the scripts... please upload it again!

Reply #56
Is there any way to get the keyboard shortcut to target the now playing item. It works fine using buttons but not shortcuts.
The original script in this thread targets the now playing item just fine.. how?? :x
The keyboard shortcut editor shows three versions of each context menu command:
  • [context]: Can be used outside the playlist, for example in album list.
  • [context/playlist]: Always affects the selection in the active playlist.
  • [context/now playing]: Always affects the currently playing item. That's the one you'll want to use.

Reply #57
I don't know how the hell I missed that, thanks a ton foosion

Reply #58
This is great! Finally I can move over to 0.9 and get rid of the annoying problems with the old Audioscrobbler plugin.

But one little thing.. I may have missed something obvious, but the display of the rating doesn't actually update until I play the song again. It's a minor thing, but it bothers me. Any way around this, i.e. make it reload the info from the file when the script is applied?

Reply #59
What is the exact command for selecting a specific script? I want to add a shortcut to my taskbar so I can rate a song without having foobar in focus.

Reply #60
could someone upload the scripts please? the site is down.

Reply #61
Masstaggerscripts for up and down: Download.
Ok? 

((((( Strictly4me )))))

Reply #62
hm.. the ones you uploaded. they both add to the ratings.. the 'down' one doesn't well.. go down.

Reply #63
Ok, I'm sorry but this was the originalfiles from first page, i never used! Try download again. Must work now!

((((( Strictly4me )))))

Reply #64
There's still a mistake in the RatingDown-Script which makes it impossible to rate down files with a rating-value of 5.

Use this to get it working:

$if($greater(1,%RATING%),0,$add(%RATING%,-1))

A great idea nevertheless.

Reply #65
I'm using 0.9.4.4 and I selected "Tagging > Manage Script" and loaded the script. But I don't know how to "save" it or "activate" it or something so I can see it in the shortcut key list.

And I can only load one script at a time -- loading the "rate-down" script cancels the fact I loaded "rate-up" script. What am I doing wrong?

Reply #66
Write a name, load from file, then save.
Change the name, delete the first line, load from file, then save again. ok ?

I've got another issue : when a song is rated with 5 stars, the script can't
rate it down. So i was obliged to add an other script wich set the rating to "?".
I'm not a crack in tagz lines, so if sb could help me.... thx

Reply #67
I'm using this, and it works fine.
$ifgreater(%RATING%,1,$sub(%RATING%,1),)

Reply #68
uh >.<
When I add a new script of type "Set value..." to set "RATING", and put your code, it set rating to "?" ... what am I doin' wrong ?

Reply #69
You need to use "Format value from other fields..." NOT "Set value...".

Reply #70
Thx a lot, it works fine