Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foo_uie_albumart (Read 1106932 times) previous topic - next topic

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #700
OK, I have just found a workaround. Here was my problem:

I am sorry to ask again... But I have still not found the solution!

I do not succeed in using the "Next Source" functionality. My images definition is rather simple:

Code: [Select]
match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)front.jpg
match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)back.jpg

I can display both images by changing the precedence. But, "Next Source" functionality (either under the contextual menu or when associated to left click e.g.) seems to do nothing: the image just remains the same (ie the first match).

Do you have nay idea of what I am doing wrong? It has to be a silly option somewhere because apparently no one else is facing the same issue...

Thanks!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=324313"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

If I just add a dummy alternative match rule, such as in:
match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)front.jpg
match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)back.jpg
-match:

It works as wanted. Go figure...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=328876"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

can albumart work with multi-picture?
ex: 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg or xxx.jpg
can "next source" function  find next jpg file automatic?

match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)*.jpg??

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #701
@anten

What you describe is for alternative matches for one source. If you use
match:$replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)*.jpg
, you will get only one source (the first file that matches the given mask). What I wanted (and what I have now!) is the possibility to have a look to the front (first source) and back of the booklet (second source) is needed.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #702

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=330097"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It can, but you have to know the file names.  It won't simply cycle through any images in a folder.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #703

I made it like so:

Go to Preferences/Components/Album Art Panel/Sources for album cover art images and put this in window:
-components\default$mod($rand(),10).png

After you need 10 different image in "components"- folder and call them:
default0.png
default1.png
default2.png
default3.png
default4.png

... and so on
Now foobar shows those 10 image in random-modus, if a song change.

((((( Strictly4me )))))

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #704

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=330097"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

It can, but you have to know the file names.  It won't simply cycle through any images in a folder.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=330289"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

right. i want it simply cycle through any images in a folder.
and i have no need to know all image file name.
Because the image file name maybe has different representation like album, artist.
albumart can't seem to do this?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #705
That's pretty basic functionality, I'd really want that too.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #706
Hi.

SomaFM radio has a nice album sized image on its home page for each of its stations.  If I download these is there anyway I can get album_art to display one when the station is streaming?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #707
@blammo: I'm not too familiar with internet radio and foobar, but if %_path% contains the url to the station (I'm sure it does, just not 100% sure), and each station has a unique url, then you could very well get album_art to show the radio station's "album art".  It's even simpler if you get dynamic info from the radio station (like artist, title, etc...like I said, I'm not very familiar with this).

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #708
I'm sorry, this is probably a terrible stupid noob question, but I can't figure out how to get this panel "unatached" from the other toolbars (menu, playback buttons, seekbar, etc). I just have this albumart panel atached to these others, and thus it is very low, and only showing a tiny line of the album image. What am I doing wrong?

Also, am I right in understanding the plugin is reliant on a .jpg allready present in the album folder? If so, is there perhaps another plugin that will download and show the album cover, based on the id3-tag of the file playing, like WMP does?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #709
[removed]

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #710
For #1, or move it to the Columns UI sidebar instead (better of the 2 solutions).

I'm sorry to be such a nood, but I can't understand how to do that...
Edit: ah, finally figured it out. =) tnx

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #711
Hi.

SomaFM radio has a nice album sized image on its home page for each of its stations.  If I download these is there anyway I can get album_art to display one when the station is streaming?
)

$if($strstr(%_path%,64.236.34.67:80/stream/1018),somafm\GrooveSaladBox.jpg,)
$if($strstr(%_path%,somafm-sc.streamguys.com:8062),somafm\cliqhop.gif,)
$if($strstr(%_path%,64.124.44.102:8388/),somafm\blender.gif,)
$if($strstr(%_path%,server2.somafm.com:8000),somafm\SecretAgentBox.jpg,)

etc

Just checking the url

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #712
The link in the first post doesn't work. Where can I get this extension?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #715
Nice avatar, btw.

Thanks. Nice user name .

where does the "no cover" image go?

The plugin doesn't work for me, but I'd put it in the same folder as the dll file .

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #716
Nice avatar, btw.

Thanks. Nice user name .

where does the "no cover" image go?

The plugin doesn't work for me, but I'd put it in the same folder as the dll file .
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=346057"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That didn't work, and foobar crashed on closing after I setup the plugin so I probably won't be using it. Oh well. Just eye-candy anyway.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #717
hi,

how can add this two files, msvcr71.dll and msvcp71.dll, to my system32 directory?
access is restricted and I can't change rights.

thx

edit: hmm. bullshit. dll's are there. but foobar crashes when closing.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #718
I'm still a novice-level user of TAGZ, so I'd appreciate a hand with this -

I have all my flac files in an external drive and all my albumart as .jpg or .png files in a local folder e.g. C:\covers\filename.jpg.  The filename is in the format artist_albumname.jpg.  The albumart plugin maps the %album% tag of the flac file to the albumname part of the filename and fetches the file.  So far so good.

But some %album% tags have illegal filename characters in them, such as ':' and '?' for example.  How can I tell the albumart plugin to ignore such characters, or replace them with the character actually used in the filename (e.g. ' - ' )?  I've played with  the $replace function but haven't hit upon success yet.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #719
Hello!

I can't get the plugin to work. The DLLs load but nothing new happens. What should I do?

Thanks in advance.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #720
I'm still a novice-level user of TAGZ, so I'd appreciate a hand with this -

I have all my flac files in an external drive and all my albumart as .jpg or .png files in a local folder e.g. C:\covers\filename.jpg.   The filename is in the format artist_albumname.jpg.  The albumart plugin maps the %album% tag of the flac file to the albumname part of the filename and fetches the file.   So far so good.

But some %album% tags have illegal filename characters in them, such as ':' and '?' for example.  How can I tell the albumart plugin to ignore such characters, or replace them with the character actually used in the filename (e.g. ' - ' )?  I've played with  the $replace function but haven't hit upon success yet.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=350988"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Can you post exactly the string(s) you've tried?  $replace should do exactly what you're looking for.  My guess is it should look something like:

match:C:\covers\%artist%_$replace(%album%,:,-,?,-).*

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #721
Can you post exactly the string(s) you've tried?  $replace should do exactly what you're looking for.  My guess is it should look something like:

match:C:\covers\%artist%_$replace(%album%,:,-,?,-).*

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351119"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I suspect it's that I didn't know the right place put the $replace function in the string.  Also, I was totally unclear as to the use of the 'match' function.  I'll try this when I'm home and see if it works, thanks!

It strikes me, though that the 'native' configuration - simply putting a folder.jpg file in the folder of each album --is much more intelligent and flexible than my way of doing it .  That avoids having to fuss with the name of each image file e.g. if I edit the album tag.  Problem for me is that I don't want to store the images in the same drive as the music files. So I'd have to replicate the external drive's directory structure (*minus* the music files themselves, 'cos they won't fit on my laptop) for the default search to work.  Is there any way to do this automatically?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #722
Great plugin, but the source and binary links on the front page aren't working. I have the dll installed, but it has problems with redrawing. I was thinking maybe my version is old, and if it wasn't I wanted the source in order to address this issue. Any chance of hosting the files elsewhere?

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #723
Great plugin, but the source and binary links on the front page aren't working. I have the dll installed, but it has problems with redrawing. I was thinking maybe my version is old, and if it wasn't I wanted the source in order to address this issue. Any chance of hosting the files elsewhere?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351416"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Check back one page (page 28 of this thread).  There are a few links starting about 7 or 8 posts down.

Foo_uie_albumart

Reply #724
I think he found them.  (Granted, it was posted just a few minutes before your reply).