Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Having a unique problem with EAC. Any idea what is causing this? (Read 2383 times) previous topic - next topic

Having a unique problem with EAC. Any idea what is causing this?

Hi everyone.  I just registered and I'm hoping to solve a problem I'm having with EAC.  Thanks in advance for the help.

Here's the situation.  I am selling a rare CD set tomorrow, and I want to make sure I have a perfect backup copy to keep in my collection.  There are 2 CD's included in the set.  The first one, I was able to rip via EAC into a CD image.  With confidence 14, it was ripped accurately.  I was then able to burn this image onto a CDR and, to test it, I ripped it back and got the same confidence 14 message.  So far so good.

Then, for the second CD, I ripped it with confidence 2 accuracy, but I CANNOT burn the image to CDR and re-rip without having read and sync errors.  I have tried to burn the image to CDR with multiple laptops, and I keep having the same problems.  There is one laptop where I was able to successfully burn and re-rip, but it only works on *that* laptop.  If I take the CDR and attempt to rip on another computer, I will get read and sync errors.  On other computers, I see the "error correction" happening, but when I get the accuraterip results, 2 or 3 of the songs are coming up as inaccurate, while the rest remain accurate. 

I really have no idea what to do at this point.  I'm confident that my image file is accurate, but for whatever reason, I cannot burn this to a CDR without having problems.  I kept thinking my burner was bad, and that I should buy an external burner and try again, but I have literally tried this on 4 different laptops, and I get the same problems on all of them. 

Any ideas?

Having a unique problem with EAC. Any idea what is causing this?

Reply #1
I personally can't tell you with any degree of certainty what the problem is. I've had read and sync errors before with EAC on Windows but I really don't remember the details. Could just be a bad burn/CD-R too.

Maybe a better way of verifying the quality of your rip is to compare it to the AR database with CUETools, F2K, or similar program.

I'm just assuming that you're using EAC in Windows rather than Linux/WINE. I've heard it should run fine that way too, though I've never gotten around to trying it myself.

I'd go with CUETools personally. CUETools I don't remember if Foobar 2000 has a similar function but I believe it does. I spend most of my time on OS X lately and have been slacking on my Windows programs.
The Loudness War is over. Now it's a hopeless occupation.