Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "easy Reading" Skin Now Available (Read 4076 times) previous topic - next topic

"easy Reading" Skin Now Available

We've made a new skin available which increases the font size, making things easier to read for people who were complaining about the default Invision Board font size.  This new skin is also set to the default.  The old skin can still be used by those who prefer it, and you can change this by going to:

"Your Control Panel" up top -> Skin and Language (under options on the lower left), and selecting the skin you'd like from the pull down under 'Board Skin'.

We're working on providing more skins also, and hopefully a text only skin will be available before too long.

Reply #1
Nice work JohnV, very nice.

What's queued up next?

A restructure so we get back something like PM's old 'front page' i.e. with the last posts and such would be very nice.

Are we in need of a new logo to fit the new style?

And what about removing the 'Group' thing on the left of the posts? It looks pretty much redundant.

Reply #3
Yes but the old format was nice because you got last posts, last news items and everything nicely on 1 page.

Reply #4

Nice work JohnV, very nice.

Thank Dib and Matt from InvisionBoard as well..
Yes but the old format was nice because you got last posts, last news items and everything nicely on 1 page.
That's the plan.. To do similar kind of front page which shows news and latest posts.
Juha Laaksonheimo

Reply #5
What's queued up next?

A restructure so we get back something like PM's old 'front page' i.e. with the last posts and such would be very nice.

The highest priority on my list next is to get the vbcode on old posts working again.  That's probably what I'll be spending most of my time on in the next few days.

After that comes a more portal like layout.

After that, probably more skins, etc.

And in the meantime, we're still working on our content (FAQ's, Guides, etc) in the background.

Are we in need of a new logo to fit the new style?

Yeah.  There are currently being some ideas thrown around, but nothing solid yet..

And what about removing the 'Group' thing on the left of the posts? It looks pretty much redundant.

Hrmm.. maybe.  I got your message about this, but haven't had a chance to respond yet

I'm thinking about what to do with this.  I don't think it causes a problem right now at least... so it probably wont get much effort for awhile.

Reply #6
Yay, I can read without having to set my font to a bigger size.

Thanks as always.

Reply #7
keep up the awesome work.  can't wait to see the site in a couple weeks.

Reply #8

Hrmm.. maybe.  I got your message about this, but haven't had a chance to respond yet

I'm thinking about what to do with this.  I don't think it causes a problem right now at least... so it probably wont get much effort for awhile.

To kind of clarify this a bit, the 'Group' item is like a the user group, while the title under the user name is more like a user ranking.

Users of the 'member' group change titles depending on the number of posts they have.

The way it works:

0-49 posts = Junior Member
50-199 posts = Member
200-499 posts = Senior Member
500+ posts = Core Member

For other user groups like admins/mods/developers, this user title is usually set to something more specific, depending on what we decide.

So both fields have uses, though in the case of normal members, it does seem perhaps a little confusing.

Reply #9
Sorry for complaining, but I don't think the easy reading skin is an optimal solution. Now everything is larger. Imho it would be enough if only the main text section were in this size. The rest like post title (oops; no longer have those  ), member info etc. could be kept in a smaller size, so that the less relevant information doesn't take up so much space. I believe this would only require some small changes in the style sheet and increase overall readability; separating different types of information by font size. Oh, and I really like those nested quotes! Perhaps the smileys should be smaller too.

edit: oh yeah, and the "close all tags" button in the message editor displays "close current tag" when I place the mouse over it. But I can live with that.

Reply #10
Sorry for complaining, but I don't think the easy reading skin is an optimal solution. Now everything is larger. Imho it would be enough if only the main text section were in this size.

Umm, maybe these can be tweaked later. Try the PHPBB2-skin for now.
Juha Laaksonheimo